+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Technics SP10 MK2 nearly ready!!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Look no further than Townshend Seismic Pods. For situations where full isolation is warranted (eg a turntable like this that already has a built-in energy 'sink' in the form of a heavy plinth), Seismic Pods work magic. There's nothing foo nor fancy about them - just basic mass-spring theory intelligently wrought into a straightforward, adjustable and completely stable product.
    It's where I'd like to go but financially it's impossible lol.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Hugo.

The Townshend Seismic Pods retail at £99 each, but AoS members can expect a decent discount. A Seismic Platform costs rather more, of course, but since you have a motor unit bolted firmly to a nice heavy plinth, you don't need a complete platform to isolate the deck from vibrations passing up from the structure of your house - a set of Pods will do that job comprehensively. Remove those structure-borne vibrations and something rather magical happens to the music - after all a pickup cartridge is designed to be a sensitive vibration measurement transducer, so if you can leave it to track solely what's going on in the groove, better music will result. The Pods won't work with a floppy suspended deck, but they will with yours.

I'm Geoff.

How difficult can it be to design and make an isolating foot?

It wouldn't be beyond me.

Mind you, some turntables benefit from being coupled to what they sit on rather than isolated from it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

The Townshend Seismic Pods retail at £99 each, but AoS members can expect a decent discount. A Seismic Platform costs rather more, of course, but since you have a motor unit bolted firmly to a nice heavy plinth, you don't need a complete platform to isolate the deck from vibrations passing up from the structure of your house - a set of Pods will do that job comprehensively. Remove those structure-borne vibrations and something rather magical happens to the music - after all a pickup cartridge is designed to be a sensitive vibration measurement transducer, so if you can leave it to track solely what's going on in the groove, better music will result. The Pods won't work with a floppy suspended deck, but they will with yours.
    They sound promising, I might try some once I have funds again. I have Isonoe feet on just now but feel I need something better.

Bigman80 Guest

I could be tempted with a 75% discount

Seriously. Can't do it at the minute but its something I'll get to in the future.

I'm Kevin.

It sou n like a similar theory to the cheaper Funk Bo!ng. I also believe that AK is developing a "Kinetic" cradle for turntables. The BO!ng feet will be worth trying on home loan.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    It sou n like a similar theory to the cheaper Funk Bo!ng. I also believe that AK is developing a "Kinetic" cradle for turntables. The BO!ng feet will be worth trying on home loan.
    Thanks Cagey, I'll look into them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920