+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Technics SP10 MK2 nearly ready!!!!

Bigman80 Guest

The Phonomac AT-1010 on the Toshy.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Nice!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yes Geoff, a Phonomac fettled AT-1010. It's quite simply superb. Had one on the Toshy (now sold and Collected) for about a month and it's really been an eye-opening experience. Can't wait to see how it sounds in the SP10

That combo will be awesome. You'll get some serious insight into your vinyl replay
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Peter.

That just looks fabulous.
    Are they coupled inverted cone feet? I’m a bit surprised you didn’t go for magnetic levitation feet to get a bit more isolation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    That just looks fabulous.
    Are they coupled inverted cone feet? I’m a bit surprised you didn’t go for magnetic levitation feet to get a bit more isolation.

Cheers Boyse,

They are! I haven't got the funds available for levitation feet and these were offered at the time of discussing the build with Angus. I presume he had them from a previous project and I'm happy to have them. One day, maybe I'll change them up but there is a thread developing on these feet on the forum with very good isolation reported.

I'm Peter.

I’m sure they will work just fine and Angus obviously knows how they work. (there are also some very good reports written on these feet)
    I’m also struggling with the rising cost of the Denon plinth but have bit the bullet and gone for the Magnetic Levitation feet, as I understand they offer almost total isolation and still cheaper than the extortionately expensive Townshend Seismic Pods.

I'm Adrian.

I'd be interested to know how it sounds in a minimal plinth - mines in 60kg of plinth and often thought about trying a less is more approach.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

Bigman80 Guest

Well guys, the feet are a blow out. They couple directly to my plywood shelf and I get the most amount of noise transference from tapping shelf. So, isanoe or levitation feet are definitely the way to go. I suppose putting some dynamat on the shelf would solve it too.

Sound wise, it's so clean and precise it's unreal. I am extremely impressed. Angus's theory on the plinth is quite clever too, less mass means it takes less time for vibration (if any) to dissipate. Seems to work just fine!!!

I'm Peter.

Oh bugger, sorry to hear the inverted cone feet don’t do the job. I know I’ve already suggested the Magnetic Levitation Feet but how about swapping out your plywood top shelf for say.... 30mm Welsh Blue Slate... a cheaper option to try..... and if it don’t work, it can only look better

Sorry , but don’t rate the Isanoe Supports based on previous trials.

I'm Geoff.

The TT is nice.

But I'm not entirely surprised at this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Well guys, the feet are a blow out. They couple directly to my plywood shelf and I get the most amount of noise transference from tapping shelf. So, isanoe or levitation feet are definitely the way to go. I suppose putting some dynamat on the shelf would solve it too
    I think the shelf is possibly more to blame than the feet. Why not consider a shelf that is acoustically dead, or at least as dead as you can get it?

Two sheets of stiff ply, spaced with small glued in blocks leaving a cavity of maybe half an inch, edges sealed with batons of course. Then the cavity filled with dried sand. I'd choose Leighton Buzzard sand for its irregular shaped and sized stone grains. You'd need a plugged hole for this of course.

That ain't gonna resonate!

You'd need strong shelf mounts though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast