+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Technics SP10 MK2 nearly ready!!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Mat in place.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Oh how I can appreciate the wife’s view please do what ever is good for you both !!!!!

Do not not listen to the so called hi-Fi aficionados....... for they will mess with your brain!!!

My wife passed on some years back..... and I wish she were here now to advise or even grumble about my system.

Be happy my friend....... and just enjoy.

Boysey. ( I’ll let you know how the Denon Sounds.... in the weeks to come)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Oh how I can appreciate the wife’s view please do what ever is good for you both !!!!!

Do not not listen to the so called hi-Fi aficionados....... for they will mess with your brain!!!

My wife passed on some years back..... and I wish she were here now to advise or even grumble about my system.

Be happy my friend....... and just enjoy.

Boysey. ( I’ll let you know how the Denon Sounds.... in the weeks to come)

Sorry to hear that Boyse, I'd be lost without mine.

I pushed the boat out as far as I could financially but the seismic feet are just out of reach. In time, maybe I can but not yet.

I am looking forward to seeing how you get on with the Denon. It should be fabulous.

I'm Peter.

I’m really pleased the mat has made a difference.

My advice remains the same... option 1 is still the Welsh Blue Slate base.... ( cheapest option).

Second is the Magnetic Levitation feet... third is the Townshend Seismic Pods ( most expensive).

Do what you can when funds permit!!!

I am changing my TT from the Rock 7 to the Denon DP80 for a reason,,,, as I have never had any other TT than the Townshend for the last 50 Years........ and need to try something different.

If it works..... fab,,,, if not , I know that time has not been wasted.

I appreciate your endeavours with the SP10...... as it is a very fine deck indeed!,,

Only time will tell???? I know what good sounds like...... however many will disagree

Peter

I'm Mick.

Looks good Oliver hope it sounds amazing. The issues you had with the feet as mentioned will not be helped by the plywood. I had a play around and used a thick piece of Oak and I get nothing at all back through the turntable. I dont know it the 1210s rubber base helps the cause on mine.
    The feet suit your turntable though
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Looks good Oliver hope it sounds amazing. The issues you had with the feet as mentioned will not be helped by the plywood. I had a play around and used a thick piece of granite and I get nothing at all back through the turntable. I dont know it the 1210s rubber base helps the cause on mine.
    The feet suit your turntable though
    Possibly. I'll be looking at less expensive options than seismic feet but the mat has helped. I'll play more tomorrow.

Bigman80 Guest

Update:

Initial listening has convinced me that the mat is making a significant difference. Lower noise floor, tightness and much better decay. So im convinced there is little resonance now. So to be sure I've doubled up slightly.

Ugly but effective. And free!!!!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yes Geoff, a Phonomac fettled AT-1010. It's quite simply superb. Had one on the Toshy (now sold and Collected) for about a month and it's really been an eye-opening experience. Can't wait to see how it sounds in the SP10
    My AT1010 is stock but also came from Phonomac (in a round about way), though it has a collar for the counterweight that allows it to take SPU-weight cartridges.

I run it on my Garrard and it's lovely. I think some of the early reviews that are kicking around misunderstood it and used it with cartridges that were too compliant .. it's really a proper medium mass arm, so wouldn't have been ideal with many of the new-fangled high compliance ones that were becoming popular when it was released. It's much more in its element these days and a better partner to newer cartridges that it would have been back in its hey day.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    My AT1010 is stock but also came from Phonomac (in a round about way), though it has a collar for the counterweight that allows it to take SPU-weight cartridges.

I run it on my Garrard and it's lovely. I think some of the early reviews that are kicking around misunderstood it and used it with cartridges that were too compliant .. it's really a proper medium mass arm, so wouldn't have been ideal with many of the new-fangled high compliance ones that were becoming popular when it was released. It's much more in its element these days and a better partner to newer cartridges that it would have been back in its hey day.
    There were plans to hear a stock version of the arm yesterday but unfortunately it never happened. I am exceeding pleased with my Phonomac version. I thought it really outperformed any other arm I have personally heard. So I bought one. Stunning arm.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I get the tiniest bit of feedback from the granite table, and even less from the plinth. Zero from the sp10 itself. Use a stethoscope you check - cheap on eBay.
    Yes I got one off ebay as well. Great for breeding out noise in an idler like the TD124.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast