+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alloy turntable spiked feet

I'm Spartacus.

Is this an improvement in isolation over the RDC or for that matter the stock feet?
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    Is this an improvement in isolation over the RDC or for that matter the stock feet?
    Jeff

Over the stock feed definitely. I would say on par with the RDC cones. Maybe a slight improvement to the isolation and sound quality but 100% better looking in my opinion on my 1210. Also very well machined
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Geoff.

Isolation? Or coupling?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Spartacus.

I'm interested in its isolation, hence my question about the needle on the record.

Mick, I'd be surprised if the RDC offered any (let alone better) isolation than the stock feet given that the RDC is inert. I know there is no love lost for the stock feet but please disregard the issue of SQ for the moment as I am mainly interested in the transmission of vibrations through the feet to the cart.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Mick.

I'm interested in its isolation, hence my question about the needle on the record.

Mick, I'd be surprised if the RDC offered any (let alone better) isolation than the stock feet given that the RDC is inert. I know there is no love lost for the stock feet but please disregard the issue of SQ for the moment as I am mainly interested in the transmission of vibrations through the feet to the cart.
    I get no noise transmission from the turntable with the needle on the record if I hit bounce tap anything. I would have to physically bang the turntable hard to encourage any type of sound which is very very minimal if any . I dont know if thats the answer you are looking for Jeff.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Spartacus.

Thanks Mick. I was mainly interested in whether the effect on isolation is the same with stock feet and RDC cones. Are the new feet better than RD and stock feet at isolating the transmission of noise when you tap the t/t shelf or support? Sorry if I don't get it, I'm multi-tasking and really should be sleeping!
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Mick.

Thanks Mick. I was mainly interested in whether the effect on isolation is the same with stock feet and RDC cones. Are the new feet better than RD and stock feet at isolating the transmission of noise when you tap the t/t shelf or support? Sorry if I don't get it, I'm multi-tasking and really should be sleeping!
    No probs Jeff its always best to ask. I know all the opinions on pros and cons with spikes and feet etc etc. But all I can say is they do not transmit any noise from the turntable to speakers during normal use banging or tapping the plinth. I have even banged hard on my unit that the turntable is mounted on and same again nothing transmitted. I can hit a lot harder than you would ever do and it will ever so vaguely pick it up but thats going to the extreme.

And yes they present themselves better than the stock feet.

Sorry if my replies are confusing but its hard top explain

I'm Spartacus.

If these offer better isolation than the stock feet when you bash the t/t support then I'd certainly be interested in trying them. Do update your listening experience after you've spent a bit more time with them. Thanks again Mick.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Mick.

If these offer better isolation than the stock feet when you bash the t/t support then I'd certainly be interested in trying them. Do update your listening experience after you've spent a bit more time with them. Thanks again Mick.
    No probs Jeff give me a couple of days. Tried every album and genre going and all ok so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234