+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alloy turntable spiked feet

Bigman80 Guest

Got a pair of these for my new SP10. Well they are coming with it really. Used isonoe before and would again.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mick.

Well the feet arrived and were fitted. First impression was I love the look over spikes but sound wise the bass was very overpowering. This was with the turntable placed on the Bamboo board supported by sorbathane feed. This was not what I expecected. Anyway after a bit of trial and error I found the feet worked better without the board. Straight away the bass was more tame and the vocals and instruments reappeared with a crystal clear sound. It has made an improvement over the RDC cones but I wouldnt say £125 worth. But the bonus is for me the sound is slightly better and no worse and I think they look good with my setup over the cones that were fit
    https://i.imgur.com/w0a1ezW.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/SsanZmp.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/zV8E9wL.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Jp5R1kk.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/yqf7sY0.jpg
    Last edited by Dubster68; 07-10-2017 at 15:10.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Spartacus.

Photobucket not working...
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Mick.

Try again
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Spartacus.

Not here. I think you now need to pay for 3rd part hosting
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Spartacus.

Actually more than seeing this I'd be interested in how well it isolates your deck. Do you think this has improved in terms of acoustic feedback?
    Cheers, Jeff

Bigman80 Guest

I love the look, so clean and very striking. Looks a bit "batmobile" awesome.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mick.

Pics should work on the links. I had no idea Photobucket now charge for its service. And its not cheap

Turntable is ok and I can hear no strange noises interference's etc. I can tap on the plinth and get no noise transfer and the same goes for the unit its supported on. This surprised me as I expected to hear some sort of noise transfer. Upto now sound is pretty stable and the bass is tight but its the vocals what I have noticed more. They are very clear though they were before with the RDC cones. Still trying different records so will see how that goes The wife is at work so a lovely free evening tinkering.

I'm Spartacus.

Links work now, thanks. So with the stylus on a stationery record and tapping the t/t support you get no feedback through the speakers?
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    Links work now, thanks. So with the stylus on a stationery record and tapping the t/t support you get no feedback through the speakers?
    Jeff unless I hit it really hard I am getting nothing at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast