+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent problems using this site

I'm Grant.

Could also be a bug in windoz. I get the i and not secure bit too which was a google thing. they didnt bother to tell anyone/
    I get it now on every site actually that is not https which is most tbh. Not allowing you to post a picture sounds more like a firewall thing tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Defender was already off. I still have AVG antivirus and Talk Talk F-Secure fighting to control my computer. I like AVG so F-Secure is going

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    Defender was already off. I still have AVG antivirus and Talk Talk F-Secure fighting to control my computer. I like AVG so F-Secure is going
    YESSSSSSSSS all seems OK now. Thanks guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Chris.

There are changes afoot from internet browser programs to have those websites which require passwords, to comply with what are called TLS or their earlier name SSL certificates. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_key_certificate

Google Chrome just yesterday distributed a email advising of a new version of Chrome saying;
    "As you may have heard, Google Chrome is receiving an update called Chrome 62 in October. This new version of the popular browser will bring about many changes, one of which being the browser will regard ANY website that doesn't have an SSL Certificate installed to be insecure.

This means anyone using Google Chrome and visiting a website that doesn't have an SSL certificate will be shown the website is insecure. By seeing a website isn't secured by an SSL certificate, many visitors may end up leaving the site before they've even begun reading anything.

What an SSL Certificate does is encrypt the data travelling between your website and your visitors, ensuring that malicious third-parties can’t get their hands on the sensitive data your customers may be typing into your website, such as passwords or credit card details. Non-SSL-secured websites can be identified as they start with http://, while secured websites start with https://. SSL-protected websites receive a green padlock as well as either a green “Secure” label or the company’s own name, in the Chrome browser’s address bar (depending on the type of SSL certificate the website has opted for).
    "

Whilst AOS is on the very low side of needing encryption, as it does not transact credit card details, it looks like there is going to be, or there is already, insufficient distinction between lighter sites needing passwords( - as AOS does) and those requiring heavier need of encryption like banking sites .

My advice, would be to use a browser that is already ahead of issues and can possibly make these distinctions.
    From what I can see Opera is a good choice, http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/
    as is Mozilla, who no doubt will be working day and night on work arounds https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    YESSSSSSSSS all seems OK now. Thanks guys
    thats good.. nice car by way..

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Thanks made in 1954. About as old as the drivers in my open baffles and the wife

I'm Grant.

my telefunken drivers are a little younger i think.. 60's
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

About 1970, I turned down one like this that was going for £50, was in good condition as well. Refused it because there was a little play in the front wheel bearings, fool.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12