+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Yeah but the Moto Morini was purely about handling and nothing to do with speed. In fact, rumour had it that the 350 Morini was so nimble it could easily steer around stones in the road rather than plough over them like a typical Jap bike would. I have only really experienced the handling of Ducati's long term of those from Italy and Ducati's are very strange when it comes to handling. There is very little that will upset them when they are at speed.

Of the bikes I have owned that were typically bland were the Kawasaki GPz's. Their handling was so straight and boring. The one only thing that stood them apart was their acceleration. One other notable that I owned for a while was a Yamaha FZR600. I remember being two up on this way in excess of 120mph (track of course ).

I also remember borrowing a Triumph Daytona many years back. The most painful ride I ever had.
    A mate had a Morini back in the day, I rode it a couple of times and I was smitten but was also loved up with my Z650 at the time and when he offered to swap the Morini I declined.....idiot!. The Morini was just so different and looked amazing, quirky to, even down to the 3 1/2 badge rather than 350 on the side panel.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Ben.

Not really a road suitable but for me this is very much one of those "wow" bikes. Laverda v6, they don't make bikes like this any more.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Laverda v6, they don't make bikes like this any more
    Probably just as well. They had endless trouble with it!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ben.

Yeah but just look at it, its beautifully brutal.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Marco should like this

It's a humble Honda CB550F, with mucked about mudguards, a bump seat, couple of fancy rear shocks and a ratty matt paint job.

When I had my Kwaka S3a 400, I went to a local dealer and took one of the CB550's out for a test spin. First impressions were "My God, where's all the power gone and why is it so quiet?" It didn't handle to great either. It was just a middleweight smoothy for pottering about on in my view. Getting back on the Kwaka 400 was a relief, it handled way better and felt twice as fast!

The Honda should look like this later F2. Pretty enough, but no great shakes to ride.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Yeah but just look at it, its beautifully brutal.
    I know where you're coming from, but I prefer the other Laverda I posted a pic of earlier, which for me is rather more stylish

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

If you want a six cylinder bike. What about the original Honda Valkyrie? They sound wicked on a decent set of pipes! Like those on this example.

The latest Valkyrie is a 'dogs breakfast' as far as styling is concerned. Honda have totally messed it up!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's a humble Honda CB550F, with mucked about mudguards, a bump seat, couple of fancy rear shocks and a ratty matt paint job.
    Yesh, and that's what makes it look cool, with the "ratty" matt-black paint job [which I'm right into, also on cars], adding to the 'brutal' overall look

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If you want a six cylinder bike. What about the original Honda Valkyrie? They sound wicked on a decent set of pipes! Like those on this example.

The latest Valkyrie is a 'dogs breakfast' as far as styling is concerned. Honda have totally messed it up!
    That's a TOTAL abomination, and EPIC FAIL!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yesh, and that's what makes it look cool, with the "ratty" matt-black paint job [which I'm right into, also on cars], adding to the 'brutal' overall look

Marco.
    Still 'a sheep in wolf's clothing' though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast