+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    It makes you wonder how many little gems lay hidden away in garages and sheds.
    Loads I reckon.

I'd like a low mileage unfaired post 2000 GS500 to stash in my garage alongside the Innova I have. Nice simple all rounder. I like 'em. The last one was a good tool.

Something like this.

I'm Loz.

Found some of my old motorcycle photos whilst unpacking after moving. My very first bike/moped. An NSU Quickly!
    It didnt last long before rapidly being moved on for a far more satisfying Suzuki GP125. Sadly no photos exist of that but I remember it being a massive step up at the time. Heaps of fun.

Last edited by HackneyRF; 27-01-2018 at 15:35.

I'm Loz.

A couple more photos. The Suzuki GT185 was one of the worst bikes I ever owned. Horrible handling with even worse reliability issues. However the GT500 was probably one of my favourite ever bikes. Ultra reliable, sounded great, quick but with lovely smooth power through the rev range. A great bike that was sadly written off by a careless car driver and left me with both legs broken plus a broken hand.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Found some of my old motorcycle photos whilst unpacking after moving. My very first bike/moped. An NSU Quickly!
    It didnt last long before rapidly being moved on for a far more satisfying Suzuki GP125. Sadly no photos exist of that but I remember it being a massive step up at the time. Heaps of fun.

My very first powered two wheeler was a Puch S50, very much like your NSU and like you it got moved on pretty rapidly. It did get the motorcycle thing into my blood though.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

Ridden the GT185 and the GT500. I'd agree, the 185 was a bit grim and the 500 was a decent tool.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    My very first powered two wheeler was a Puch S50, very much like your NSU and like you it got moved on pretty rapidly. It did get the motorcycle thing into my blood though.

[IMG][/IMG]
    It certainly is in the blood. I dread the day when I can't get my leg over any longer! 😉

I'm Loz.

Had this GS750 whilst in California in the 80's. Quite a pretty bike but a bit dull performance wise. Maybe in part due to the strict Californian emissions controls? It always felt underpowered for a 750 inline four.

I'm Geoff.

That's a GSX-750. I had the ES version with the fairing and yes it wasn't exactly brisk.

Felt about the same as the foregoing GS-750. You can tell the difference by the cam end covers. Round on GS, rectangular on GSX.

A mate had a GS-750 and thought it was the 'beez kneez'. I let him have a ride on my tweaked Kwak H1. He was speechless when he came back, apart from saying "Fucking Hell!"

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's a GSX-750. I had the ES version with the fairing and yes it wasn't exactly brisk.

Felt about the same as the foregoing GS-750. You can tell the difference by the cam end covers. Round on GS, rectangular on GSX.

A mate had a GS-750 and thought it was the 'beez kneez'. I let him have a ride on my tweaked Kwak H1. He was speechless when he came back, apart from saying "Fucking Hell!"

More an 80's thing but the 350LC and to some extent the 250LC had a similar effect on folks. Not much could stay with a tuned one. 'Shit off a shovel' comes to mind. They could handle too.

I'm Mike.

Default Showing off! :)

A nice Kawasaki AR125 bought for a nickle and not much more. Used for commuting and enjoying some two stroke smell!

My pride and joy, Suzuki RGV250 -92. Unfortunately it consumed pistons, rings and cylinder nicasil-treatments like crazy after a bad day when the exhaust valves fell into the forward cylinder.. But between the repairs it was a total blast to ride!

And finally my molto belissima Ducati 750SS. I loved it to pieces, never failed me sounded better than my stero and rode like a dream. Miss it dearly!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast