+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm tony.

For modern cool the ccm spitfire really floats my boat.

My good lady nearly bought me a laverda jota for my 40th!!! but 10k was just too much of an indulgence for a toy.....but my dream bike none the less.

Ive been riding for 30 years kwaks initially gt550/z1000mk2/zzr1100.

11 year poverty break with a young family then the last 14 on KTMs.

They aint pretty but are proper riders bikes and loads of fun.

My 990 Adventure turned 10 last May....havent yet test road anything I would replace it with.

The new super duke is however tempting me like wise the new 790 adventure on the horizon.

Location: Dutch now living in Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom

I'm Rob.

Hi guys, I also ride bikes over 30 years I started with a Honda cb400f then I had a Honda cb550f, a suzuki gs550 a moto guzzi lario 650, a goldwing 1000 a suzuki 1100 katana and then for years a Honda cbr 600F, lately I have a Honda 650 silverwing but unforunately that bike stands redundant in the garage untill better times, I have two teenage kids and to many hobbies
    Streaming music from macbook via usb, to a musical fidelity V90 dac, to a Nobsound ns-01P tube pre amp with jj ecc803s gold pin to poweramp arcam Alpha 8 power amp to Q Acoustics 3050 floor standers.
    Favourite music progressive rock.

I'm Geoff.

I had a CB400F as well. Nice little bike. I liked it better than the CB550F.

I'm Rob.

Yes the cb400F was a lot of fun, only in the end I found the bike lacking power, but it was light and really fun to ride.
    Streaming music from macbook via usb, to a musical fidelity V90 dac, to a Nobsound ns-01P tube pre amp with jj ecc803s gold pin to poweramp arcam Alpha 8 power amp to Q Acoustics 3050 floor standers.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tube View Post
    Yes the cb400F was a lot of fun, only in the end I found the bike lacking power, but it was light and really fun to ride.
    It certainly wasn't fast, but cruised along well enough and handled better than the 550. The Kwaka S3a 400 I'd own previously was in a different league. I used to leave the RD400 boys gasping on that!

I'm Rob.

Ha ha I had a mate who raced an rd350 I was his mechanic for local racing in the Netherlands (hobby) I had to test drive the fully tuned rd 350 in the rain that was the shortest test drive of my life, I got of the bike nad pushed it back that had way to much power to drive on the normal road in the rain, plus it was a two troke so the power cam in suddenly.

I'm Geoff.

Shame they don't make decent two strokes any more. I liked those I had. Most four strokes feel a bit sanitised in comparison. They can be quick, very quick. but that loony edge that the two strokes had isn't there.

I'm tony.

KTM has just launched a new injected 2 stroke fully emmisions compliant.

I reckon the 350 would make for a stonking supermoto conversion!

I'm Rob.

That is right, but I found two strokes to nervous to drive long distances, it would be Ideal to have a cbr600 for touring and an rd 350 for fun.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    KTM has just launched a new injected 2 stroke fully emmisions compliant.
    I'd like to know how they've managed that. Bimota were, as far as I can recall, the last company to thow big money at trying to make a clean two stroke, with their 500 V twin and they gave up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast