+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I would love to have the motor from an XS650! So many aftermarket parts for them now, I could build a small bobber out of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The XS650 is a lovely motor Russell, far superior to British unit twins of the time. Stupidly I swopped it for this monster. Talk about 'Tea Trolley Handling'. Might even rival those Kwaka triples!

Last edited by HackneyRF; 05-01-2018 at 17:30.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    heres afew of my old classics.
    its a shame digital cameras didnt come out in the late 70s-80s as i never used many film cameras before digital....so many of my early classics i never had pictures of,i sure wish i did now
    Nice one Paul. Some classic 80's big Yams there.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    The XS650 is a lovely motor Russell, far superior to British unit twins of the time. Stupidly I swopped it for this monster. Talk about 'Tea Trolley Handling'. Might even rival those Kwaka triples!

love it...,
    always favoured the standard ballbous look of the xs1100 over the sport version,but i loved the all blackness and big round searchlight and handlebar fairing of the "s" ....which made the dodgey handling even dodgier ,i remember buying the big 5.5 gallon tank to stick on,but i dont think i ever did,longest time i ever owned the same bike...12yrs .....great machines and great picture

I'm paul.

SMOKING bikes
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Russell.

This is what I’m talking about. It’s dodgy to handle I’m sure, but a cool bike for bar hopping and a ton of fun!

I'm Russell.

Same bike, different angle.

I'm Russell.

I owned this bike for nearly 20 years, my first road bike! And I performed a “Resto-Mod”, on it. A ‘79 Harley Low Rider, I literally rode it until it flew apart! And then spent a few years restoring it, all original numbers but lots of new parts, original paint! Souped up the engine and transmission, replaced every bearing and race, and replaced all wires! I turned every single screw myself with hand tools. And it broke my heart to sell it, like selling one of your children. But I got a damn fine price for it!

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post

I owned this bike for nearly 20 years, my first road bike! And I performed a “Resto-Mod”, on it. A ‘79 Harley Low Rider, I literally rode it until it flew apart! And then spent a few years restoring it, all original numbers but lots of new parts, original paint! Souped up the engine and transmission, replaced every bearing and race, and replaced all wires! I turned every single screw myself with hand tools. And it broke my heart to sell it, like selling one of your children. But I got a damn fine price for it!

Now we are talking...! My latest is a Twin Cam 88 Heritage Softail Classic and I bloody love it. Only bought by me in July last year and only done around 100 miles with me in control but hey, this is a new year and all willing I have a lot of miles still to do.

I'm Shaun.

Harley FLSTC by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr

The very one last year at the coast here in Lincolnshire.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post

Harley FLSTC by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr

The very one last year at the coast here in Lincolnshire.
    Now that’s a real cruiser! I had a ‘96 Soft Tail Springer for many years. Such a low seat height, and relative comfort, and real power when you twist the wick! Very nice, looks great in black.

This is my present bike, it’s a ‘95, but was in such great, almost new, condition at such a great price I could not resist! It’s a Road King, built on the touring frame, which makes a difference in comfort. The previous owner installed a cam and re jetted the carb, so it’s got pep! I’ve had it for two years, and like you I can’t wait for Spring so I can put some miles on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast