+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm Geoff.

The GT550 was a bit of a softie, plenty of torque and mid range oomph, but not really all that quick. Performance was on a par with the XS-650 I guess. My modified Kwaka H-1 hybrid was a different ball game, way faster and much better handling. The old tales about the Kawasaki having dodgy handling were exactly that, just tales. Mine handled great.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The GT550 was a bit of a softie, plenty of torque and mid range oomph, but not really all that quick. Performance was on a par with the XS-650 I guess. My modified Kwaka H-1 hybrid was a different ball game, way faster and much better handling. The old tales about the Kawasaki having dodgy handling were exactly that, just tales. Mine handled great.
    Well my H2 750 triple certainly didn't handle very well at all. I bought it during the 90's as a vintage classic and remember heading back home to Grimsby one gorgeous summers day on this big sweeping right hand bend. The H2 was doing it's usual wriggling and writhing when this Kawasaki GPz600 just swept past on the inside. I guess that was his way of letting me know how it actually should be done. I will never knock the H2 triple though because it was truly special having owned such a bike and the attention it brought to itself at bike nights was bloody amazing. I also remember a bike run with the lads to a real ale pub at a place called Donnington in Lincolnshire. Whilst we were there one of the guys that owned the local bike dealership made joke about me having enough fuel to get home. The thought then hit me that the pub was twenty miles from home and twenty back and that actually I may not have enough in the tank. I mean, come on, 20mpg FFS.

I'm paul.

heres afew of my old classics.
    its a shame digital cameras didnt come out in the late 70s-80s as i never used many film cameras before digital....so many of my early classics i never had pictures of,i sure wish i did now
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm paul.

heres afew more...
    i had most of the yamaha air cooled and watercooled rds when i was a young un....no bloody photos...gutted
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Mike.

I'm not a biker but I did stay in the Anstey Hall Hotel in Cambridge earlier this year. The owner "collects" things. This was in the breakfast room:
    IMG_0949.jpgIMG_0948.jpgIMG_0947.jpg

I'm Geoff.

It's a Vincent Black Prince. Worth a fortune......literally. One sold in America for nearly £2.5 million four years ago.

I'm Mike.

It's a Vincent Black Prince. Worth a fortune......literally. One sold in America for nearly £2.5 million four years ago.
    JEEZUS!!! I knew it was worth a bit but £2.5 mill??? Oh well, if you want to see and sit on it, you know where to go ;-)

... and the soundtrack is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg

I'm Geoff.

One of my brother's mates has a Vincent Black Shadow in his collection of bikes.

I'm Andy.

Hmm - how come it has Black Knight wrote on the mudguard and various other places?
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Hmm - how come it has Black Knight wrote on the mudguard and various other places?
    Ah. Quite right. They are virtually identical models.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast