+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm jamie.

its just not my cup of tea,
    im into jap sports bikes,the phrase 'pile of crap' is not meant to be taken literally. its just showing my distaste for bikes of that style, like your 'incontinence pads' comment......unless geoff actually wears them
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers, Townsend Elite rock 2 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS tonearm,Decca C4E cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hahaha... I doubt it! It's just a bit of an 'in joke' we've got in the mod room

Fair enough, I guess it would be like me saying that solid-state amps are a "pile of crap", as I'm into valves

I like Jap sports bikes too, just not the modern variety, which I find have too much of a look of being designed by a computer/machine, rather than a human being, and as such are 'soulless'.

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Mark.

Here's mine.
    The 'Bike That Tried To Kill Me' in Tennessee on my 50th Birthday trip to the States, and has left me with a seriously f***ed up right knee/leg/ankle/foot.
    After my surgeries, got it shipped back, fixed it up, and I've now done about 1500 miles since the rebuild.
    Just on 126,500 miles on the clock now - an absolutely stunning bike!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Back to 'wet dream' material.... A touch of 'Vincent' in this beautiful Yamaha XV1100 custom:

Marco.
    Oh yeah, that seriously does float my boat. Fabulous engine too with which I have some experience. Shaft drive so no damn useless chains to worry about constantly have to adjust. I just don't do sports bikes anymore. I had over twenty years of the damn things and I have moved on. Respect to those who still love them.

By the way, that exhaust looks remarkably like a Dunstall from around 1975. Anyone remember them...?
    Marantz CD6005 into Audiolab MDAC
    Nottingham Analogue Interspace turntable with Origin Live Onyx tonearm/Denon DL103/Dynavector P75 MkIII phono stage

Prima Luna Prologue preamp
    Prima Luna Dialogue Premium power amp/EL34

B&W CM8 S2 loudspeakers

Atlas Hyper interconnects
    Van Den Hul Teatrack biwired cables

Anything Ozric Tentacles based

I'm Shaun.

To refer to a bike as a pile of crap is OK as for decades Japanese bikes were only ever referred to as Jap Crap.
    Nottingham Analogue Interspace turntable with Origin Live Onyx tonearm/Denon DL103/Dynavector P75 MkIII phono stage

B&W CM8 S2 loudspeakers

I'm Shaun.

In fact, in the mid to late seventies, Jap hi-fi was not even considered 'real' hi-fi.

B&W CM8 S2 loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314