+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic motorcycle

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    LOL all of my carb based Ducati's suffered really badly with carb icing whereas my GPz1000RX never did and that thing could drink petrol faster than I can drink Abbott Ale. I think that of my past experiences on motorcycles, the GPz1000RX was by far the best of mine.
    funny,i never had any problems with the duke monster on that score.
    never had any issues with the gpz900 or zx10,always loved the look of the gpz1000rx,even more so when you see how ugly the zx10 was...
    my favorites where the gpz 750 turbo and gpz1100 air cooled.....i havent seen any of those around for a very long time...love to get a 1100 project to do up.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    never had any issues with the gpz900 or zx10,always loved the look of the gpz1000rx,even more so when you see how ugly the zx10 was...
    my favorites where the gpz 750 turbo and gpz1100 air cooled.....i havent seen any of those around for a very long time...love to get a 1100 project to do up.
    Saw a gpz900 in Kawasaki autorama 2/3 years ago, 0 miles I think they were asking 14k,.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Saw a gpz900 in Kawasaki autorama 2/3 years ago, 0 miles I think they were asking 14k,.
    lol....hope you snapped it up

I'm paul.

always fancied on of these
    not asking crazy price but still wouldn't pay that
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XT...cAAOSwCJxaOAPV

I'm Shaun.

I had a 600 Monster before I had a 900 and the 600 was bloody hopeless in cold weather because of the carb icing. OK on really hot days but a piece of bloody junk in autumn or spring. The GPz1000RX had hot water pipes between the carbs so I guess there was never going to be a problem with that. My Ducati 907ie was fuel injected even back then so again, no problem.

I'm James.

lol....hope you snapped it up
    It looked like a barge at the side of the modern bikes, how people threw them around the isle of man tt I don't know! They also had a fzr600r fox eye unregistered, very tempted as I had one for 9 years,doubt I'd get my feet on the pegs now
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Ian.

I came across this little beauty some time ago. Looks like a classic but was actually brand new. Royal Enfield 350 four stroke single, very nicely put together and sound proper, like a real old thumper.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

Indian made copy of the British fifties bike. Assembled over here from crates of shipped in parts and given some tweaks and better paintwork, 350 and 500 sizes made, with various spec options. Reg Allen of Hanwell used to be a main importer, dunno if he still is. There are quite a few about. A mate of mine has a couple of the 350's. Dead easy to maintain, but need regular fettling and pretty slow. Not a bike for the motorway.

Reg Allen also sell Chinese AJS badged small bikes.

http://www.reg-allen-london.co.uk/

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I came across this little beauty some time ago. Looks like a classic but was actually brand new. Royal Enfield 350 four stroke single, very nicely put together and sound proper, like a real old thumper.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Looks like a fun way to get to work and get around locally, I quite like that

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Looks like a fun way to get to work and get around locally, I quite like that
    I agree, you wouldn't want to do a grand tour on it ( although I do know a chap who toured through France and into Spain and back on a Honda C90 Cub ).
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast