+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Celestion HF 1300 expert needed

I'm Edward.

I use to have Radford speakers for ages, sounded fantastic but gave them to a mate years ago when I got some Harbeths. The Radfords had 3 drivers but can't recall what model they were. About 1.2m high, tall slim things with solid wood cabs. From what I understand they are still around but unused. Are they worth getting back or am I just asking for trouble?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Radford turned out several designs. If my memory serves me, those that had three drivers often used all Goodmans drive units. There was also one using Goodmans bass drivers and tweeters, with a largish dome mid unit, which I think was a German job.

If they are still functional, they could be worth having back. But they won't live up to comparison to Harbeths.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Thanks Geoff. I may well see what's what on the old Radfords. Yes loved the Harbeths but sold them off for silly low money. Big regret there.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

I seem to recall seeing early Peerless dome tweeters in some as well. Their speakers were assembled near where I worked many (many) years ago and I'd pop in now and then to buy odds and ends, usually Decca drive units. (used to drop by Lockwood (Tannoy) too, when they were in Harrow).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It doesn't look exactly like an HF1300, because it isn't one. It's a T314 as marked. Obviously it is related to the HF1300. There were other closely related tweeters from Celestion too.
    Thanks Geoff, that solves the mystery. It looks like Radford commissioned their own version of the HF1300 namely the T134 - certainly they still refer to it as an HF1300 on the rear nameplate. What would be certain is that Radford would not have commissioned a driver that sounded worse than the original HF1300.

When its out of its mounting I will take more pictures. Can anyone suggest a site where I can lodge the pictures, and a potted description, for prosperity (Radford, Celestion etc)? It would be a shame to loose this history.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    Can anyone suggest a site where I can lodge the pictures, and a potted description, for prosperity (Radford, Celestion etc)? It would be a shame to loose this history.
    Here? In the 'Past Masters' section.

I'm Alex.

I believe all the 1300's had A "T" number, I have never followed them, even the HF1400 has a "T" number. Later today, I might look to see if the T number appears on HF2000.

Regarding as site to recording the history, as Geoff says "Here? In the 'Past Masters' section." But you might consider the Yahoo Radford group as well.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Just looked at three of my HF2000's, none of them have any number on the back, however, a search on the internet, resulted in finding these with a T number:

hf2000-.jpghf2000.jpg
    Last edited by spendorman; 06-10-2017 at 16:08.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

The PA horn tweeters are also 'T' designated as per T1360 model. It seems a universal thing I think. The 'T' no doubt denoting 'Tweeter'!

I'm Alex.

I'll look out a HF1400, see is there is a T number on that
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast