+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it possible to mount a 9.5” tonearm on an SL-1200?

I'm Pavel.

Default Is it possible to mount a 9.5” tonearm on an SL-1200?

Hi everyone.

I have a new (to me) Technics SL-1210 mk2 coming my way this week. I’m going to use it with Denon DL-103, and so I’m toying with the idea of getting a Denon arm specifically designed for their MC cartridges — such as DA-309 or something similar.

However, those arms are 9.5 inches in length (perhaps a bit longer) and their spindle to pivot distance is 230mm. Is it possible to mount such an arm on SL-1200 or should I simply get a 9-inch Jelco?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm phil.

You will have to make your own arm board to componsate.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Pavel.

Yes, I understand that. There are blank armboards for sale on eBay and I’m fully prepared to drill the needed holes myself. I just want to know if it’s possible to use such a long arm on the SL-1200.

Looking at the Rega armboards, I think it’s possible because the hole needs to be only 8mm further from the spindle. But it would be nice to know for sure before buying the tonearm :-)

I'm phil.

yes theres no reason not to use any length arm on the sl1200
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

+ Reply to Thread