+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Alan

I'm Alan.

Default Hi from Alan

Hello everyone.

My name is Alan and I live in beautiful Carmarthenshire.

I recognise a few names here so I'm sure some of you will know me from other forums under my alias 'snowman_al'.

I've been into electronics since I was at school many years ago and was building 6V6 amps and repairing valve radios before high school... so more into the DIY and restoration things.

Current project is a re-configuration of what was a very sad Audio Innovations series 500. It joins a few venerable valve amps, Stereo 20, STA 15 III and an old Beam Echo etc.

I'm not averse to transistors. I've had a Naim phase, still have a NAP110 and NAC42, but they are mostly kept in storage. My favourites are the Nytech and Ion amps.

For 'front ends' I have a couple of Rega P3s, one with a Nagaoka, one with an AT. Also a couple of Squeezeboxes. And for speakers I have a pair of Dynaco A25s and a pair of ES11s.

Musical taste is wide. Eagles to Elgar, REM to Rachmaninoff much depends on the time of day and my mood...

That's me so I will try and add to some of the threads I know a little about.
    Alan

I'm gone.

Welcome Alan

It looks like you will fit right in here!

I'm Grant.

Hi and welcome Alan. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Hi Alan,

Nice intro. See you around (here)

Chris

I'm Geoff.

Hi Alan. Welcome to AOS.

Interesting selection of gear you have there. The Dynaco A25's are a real classic and getting rare.

Your Audio Inovations amp project could feature nicely in our 'Drawing Board' section, if you wanted to show us how it's progressing.

The members are friendly and there's a lot going on, so just join in and have a chat with us all.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Alan,

Nice introduction. Your Beam Echo amps are a bit of a rarity - how do you think they compare with your Radford 25?

Commendably broad taste in music you have

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm M.

Welcome to AOS Alan

+ Reply to Thread