+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: inexpensive streamer?

I'm David.

Yeah, I just found that too...
    Hmmm
    the other advantage of using twonky is that I can continue to control it with plug player on the phone... I wonder if I streamed aac through this secondary system I would miss much in terms of quality as aposed to flac... It's no meant to be the most amazing all singing all dancing high end system... I'm edging back towards a iPod dock .. I could prob find an onkyo one for £100 then just ge a second hand iPod and load it with aac's then I wouldn't have to worry about streaming... I could also then use it in a dock in the kitchen and the dock we have in the bedroom...
    Maybe I should just eff off the majik and go down the sqeezbox route all over the house with a transporter thing in the lounge touch in the dining room and booms everywhere else....
    Or keep the majik and get it working with the sqeezebox server thing.... ....
    Or buy a ps3 for every room in the house (that could be the fun option)
    Crap to many options... And frankly far too little money!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Nope. Designed to work with Slimserver/Squeeze Center/Squeezebox Server (delete as applicable). A chap from Linn did write a plugin for the server program which enables the program to recognise Linn DS players.

Chris

to be fair,after a bit of investigation, this looks like the best solution by far

a duet would do the the job ok, the handset could then stay in the lounge and hannah would have easier control over the hifi when im out.... right?
    Last edited by The Vinyl Adventure; 10-02-2010 at 01:38.
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

in fact.. could i not just get a reciver ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Squeezebox-Rec...item5885eec7f7 ) then get a controller when i can afford one? and control it with ipeng on my iphone (not great for hannah .. but better for the bank balance in the short term)

I'm Mark.

I would be tempted to try the dynaudio 42's in your main setup (give the PMCs a few days off) ,your room looked small in the pictures you posted.

I'm getting very good results with a pair of Dynaudio 52s in my study.

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    in fact.. could i not just get a reciver ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Squeezebox-Rec...item5885eec7f7 ) then get a controller when i can afford one? and control it with ipeng on my iphone (not great for hannah .. but better for the bank balance in the short term)
    You can control it with a computer. The user interface through an internet browser is very neat.

Nevertheless, I would rather advice a SB classic. The classic remote is very well made : small and fast.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Nobody.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I think you will struggle to convince us the Sonos system is (as per Hamish's thread title) an "Inexpensive streamer" - nice though they are, Andre?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I think you will struggle to convince us the Sonos system is (as per Hamish's thread title) an "Inexpensive streamer" - nice though they are, Andre?
    Well i did think it wasnt too cheap but some people on here seem to think money grows on trees & find an amp or speakers at a few grand apiece normal

The Sonus set up can be as cheap as you want, if you can run a LAN near your amplifier you can cut out the Bridge (i think)..besides these system cum up on the Flea Bay cheap enough...

I'm David.

We sell it at the shop... It's nice, but yeah, to dear!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Maplin have some cheapish media players.Mght be worth a look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast