+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: inexpensive streamer?

I'm David.

I thought about that mr Ali tait, but art they mostly multimedia players that would need a tv/monitor to function
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nobody.

I bought one of these. The new version has HDMI if your intrested in films..You can still buy the Mk.1 with with just composit for half price. I connect it to the LCD TV for the menu, connect an outboard HDD full of FLAC's to the USB (The cartridge you buy for it is too expensive), theres a USB aswell on the front to connect a dongle so you can stream from your puter or theres a LAN on the rear if you wish to use that instead.Has optical output to connect to a DAC to bypass the shitty sound card.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/pro...t_theater_plus

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4998

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    I thought about that mr Ali tait, but art they mostly multimedia players that would need a tv/monitor to function
    Hamish,just buy a cheap digital photo frame to use as a miniature monitor.I believe this is what Stan does,perhaps he could comment.

I'm David.

hmmm, yeah, that sounds interesting... i hadnt realised picture frames came with video input's i have only seen ones with memory card/usb slots
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Hamish,just buy a cheap digital photo frame to use as a miniature monitor.I believe this is what Stan does,perhaps he could comment.
    I was looking at one other day as i had the same thoughts but they only have a USB & SD card reader!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Stan was doing this.Not exactly certain how he was doing it though.He did post about it on a thread ages ago.

I'm David.

STAAAAANNNN Where are you STAAAAAANNNN ... any comments?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123