+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Jumpers for speaker binding posts

I'm Martin.

Default Wanted: Jumpers for speaker binding posts

Something like Chord or similar, must have spades at at least one end.

Thanks

Martin
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Might be able to make you some Martin. Not sure what spare speaker cable I've got, but I should have something. I know there's some Nordost knocking about and possibly other stuff. What size spades?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

That would be great. The binding posts are pretty typical in size, I can measure them if needs be?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Yeah. Measure the binding post width. I currently only have one spare set of spades and they will fit up to approx 8mm posts. I take it banana plugs are wanted on the opposite ends? I'll need to know the required length (including terminations). Better slightly on the long side than too short.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Posts are one quarter of an inch in diameter. 2 inches between top and bottom posts.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Two inches? That's pretty close. Not a problem to make something though. Bananas on the other ends?

I've unearthed my box of spare cable. I've got Nordost Flatline, Cambridge Linear 4 and Ixos Flat Four. I'd suggest using the Ixos, as it's nice quality and flexible enough not to get damaged if pulled about. The Nordost is fairly delicate and the Cambridge is stiff and probably too wide.

I'm Martin.

Ixos sounds good. Bananas or spades, doesn't matter as long as one end is spades.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread