+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inspire Eclipse SE12 V2 Turntable with Opera Consonance 12 inch arm & outboard PS.

I'm Brook.

Default Inspire Eclipse SE12 V2 Turntable with Opera Consonance 12 inch arm & outboard PS.

Price drop, now £1550

This is a very reluctant sale, but a combination of its large footprint along with my growing pile of mono records means I have to let this turntable go to pastures new.
    It is the top version, with extended plinths to accommodate the 12 inch arm, upgraded inner platter with bearing platter & spindle machined from one piece of stainless steel, upgraded top platter made from stainless steel & acrylic, & outboard power supply. It is in stunning condition, the acrylic plinth is free from any marks or scratches, save for 2 small ones on the bottom plinth which are covered by the top plinth & cannot be seen. There are no nibbles to the edges, which are still straight & sharp, cosmetically I would say 9.5/10. The arm is a Opera Consonance 12 inch carbon tubed & damped unipivot, which I have found to be a delight to use, easy to set up, & has great sonic qualities, far exceeding the X200 arm normally found on Inspire turntables. It can be used undamped if required, although I find I prefer the sound with it damped. The outboard power supply, an optional extra, looks like a Heed Orbit to be without branding, & has performed faultlessly. This package retailed at well over £4k, I am selling the total package for £1550, which for the quality of the engineering, style & sound quality is a bit of a bargain in my opinion.
    I would describe the sound as neutral, it is louder than most decks I have had too, it digs out lots of detail without being too analytical, provides a wide sound stage & truly excellent imaging. It comes with a phial of bearing oil, some silicone damping fluid, & a full sized acrylic cover, which isn't perfect but doesn't have any cracks or bad scratches, a spare Rega fit armboard, & a beautifully machined record weight.
    I would consider selling TT & arm separately, but they go together so well I don't know why you would want one without the other.
    I do have the original box & would post at a push, but would much rather it be collected, where it can be demoed, or maybe a half way meet depending on distance.
    The cartridge is not included & not for sale separately. Many more pictures by request.

Last edited by speedracer; 04-10-2017 at 09:15. Reason: Price adjustment.

I'm Brook.

No interest in this guys? It is a stunning turntable both visually & sonically in pretty much as new condition.

I will tweak the price a little if that helps, now £1550.

I'm Brook.

Well over 200 views but no interest beyond that it seems. I will bump it up this once & then eBay me thinks.

I'm Adam.

Give it a bit longer Brook..

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Well over 200 views but no interest beyond that it seems. I will bump it up this once & then eBay me thinks.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Jack.

Default Heard this..

Was over at Brook's yesterday for a comparison between my highly regarded Cranfield Rock/Alphason HR100MCS (rewired)/Ortofon Cadenza Blue and the front end advertised here. (We are regular visitors to each others place and also some south coast bake-offs on another forum.)

THis Impulse combo was up there with the Rock. I would say it was swings and roundabouts between them. Brooks front end also looks superb.

I know he was thinking of withdrawing this from the sale after our session because he knows how good the Rock has sounded in 3 other systems including my Scalford Show demo so if you are teetering on the brink of making an offer bear this in mind.

Jack NSM

I'm Brook.

I am prepared to listen to reasonable offers for this beautiful and fab sounding TT & arm.

I'm Brook.

This is now sold.

+ Reply to Thread