Goosebumps, Teardrops and Guilty Pleasures.

Hi All,

Well what can I say, where does the time go, can you really believe it was 5 years ago that we started our dream of running a HiFi shop and here we are now having taken on 3 more buildings since launching in 2012, not in my wildest dreams did I ever think we could have this much space to fill with loads of HiFi goodies :-)

In reality first and foremost both Wendy and myself would like to thank our awesome customers as without everyone’s support and their love of quality music and hifi there is no way we would still be here as I am the first to realise that everything we sell is expensive and although we now have all this space actually no one needs any of equipment within it’s walls, everything we sell is a total luxury and not essential to anyones life, saying that music is so important to so many people that hopefully the love of quality music and equipment to play it back on will continue to be appreciated and enjoyed for years to come and we can continue to help people choose the right hifi for them.

So here we are on the eve of our 5th Anniversary, now normally I am not short of ideas for open days but this one has proved a bit tricky, we have done many music events over the years, Zeppelin, Bowie, Springsteen, 70’s and 80’s to name a few, a lot of people want to do a 90’s event but for me that wasn’t one of my favourite decades, then we thought what about a ‘Guilty Pleasure’ day or ‘Hear your favourite track like never before on a highend system’ or ‘Artist’s that have passed away’, then we thought sod it let’s do all 3, so we are going to run 3 different themed rooms where you can request any song within that theme, at the end of the day we want it to be a relaxed fun day where basically anything goes, it may be a disaster but we’ll give it a go :-)

In Collaboration with PMC Speakers.

Who else would we rather share our Birthday with than PMC Speakers, as many of you will know it was thanks to PMC’s excellent speakers that led to us starting a hifi shop in the first place as we had a pair of MB2’s at home and I couldn’t wait to get home from work to listen to my HiFi so it only makes sense for every room to have PMC speakers at their heart, so we will be running something like the below with every room having a CD Player, Turntable and streamer ready for the requests and please feel free to bring any music along you’d like to hear -

‘Your Guilty Pleasures’ Room

Using PMC’s brilliant new COR amplifier with the excellent Twenty5.26 speakers, this room could be a lot of fun, as long as you are willing to request it then we will play it, no questions asked, we won’t tell anyone, honest ;-)

‘All Time Favourite Songs’ Room

Using the Naim 500 System in our dedicated Naim Lounge with PMC MB2 SE’s, this room speaks for itself, don’t worry I won’t play Bruce Springsteen songs all day.

‘Lost Legends’ Room

Using the new Highend Room, which is almost finished, with PMC Fact.12 Speakers driven by Audio Research and using the dCS Rossini as the source. So for those artist’s no longer with us, sadly there are certainly plenty to choose from nowadays.

Vinyl For Sale On The Day

A lot of you will know Chris and Martin who have supported a lot of our events in the past by bringing along a great selection of vinyl for sale on the day so it is great that they will be joining us again, this always proves extremely popular and since we launched there has been a massive growth in the interest in vinyl again, I expect them to be very busy so if you love vinyl please come along to see what gems you can pick up.

Cake, Cake and more Cake

So basically give it some thought and feel free to bring along any CD’s or records or thanks to Tidal just request any songs from the above categories on the day and let’s have some fun, now I just need to figure out how we are going to man the rooms :-)

Needless to say we will have Birthday cake and refreshments throughout the day so it would be really great if you’d like to join us to help celebrate what have been an amazing 5 years of living and breathing HiFi and music :-)

I guess I should mention we will be celebrating from 9am till late so please feel free to come along anytime.

Many thanks,

Paul and Wendy.

A bit if a trivia question, did anyone recognise where we stole the logo idea from for this event? yes Top Of The Pops, what a great programme that was :-)