+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10cc

I'm Shaun.

Default 10cc

You know, I've not long since had a fab vinyl session using my recently acquired SL 1210 and a mint original copy of 'Bloody Tourists' by 10cc. I bought this LP when it first came out and it is still very playable. No digits, no Protools and it sounds fantastic. Why can this still not be done...? Why does everything these days sound so totally artificial...?? This vinyl session was a true pleasure.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Sheet Music is sublime - In fact, all of their work up to Bloody tourists is great IMO, even on CD.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Shaun.

I've got to agree with you. Of all 70's albums, 'Sheet Music' is truly sublime. I don't have it.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

hmmmm... got a couple of Charity shop special 10cc Vinyl albums, can't remember which - I'll report back tomorrow.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

My favorite is "Deceptive Bends".

Ok, ok, I'm a pop guy, I know... but there's something in "Good Morning Judge", "Modern Man Blues", "You've Got a Cold" and "Feel the Benefit" that I can't find in previous records.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

"Here we are together on your HiFi, a little bit of plastic with a hole, Woahh! - FADE ME - fade me - fade me - fade me........."

I'm Dan.

I'm with most of you, Sheet Music all the way....
    I must admit I don't have a proper copy on CD, but I have a CD called 'the collection' which is basically, 'Sheet Music', in order, and then '10cc' in order. Very strange.... you would think if they were going to bung two albums on 1 CD, they'd put the first album first....

Does a decent remaster of those two albums exist?

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    My favorite is "Deceptive Bends".

Ok, ok, I'm a pop guy, I know... but there's something in "Good Morning Judge", "Modern Man Blues", "You've Got a Cold" and "Feel the Benefit" that I can't find in previous records.
    There's a bit in the guitar solo towards the end of 'Feel the benefit' where the guitar wails, and it never fails to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!

Excellent album!

-- Tim

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post
    I'm with most of you, Sheet Music all the way....
    I must admit I don't have a proper copy on CD, but I have a CD called 'the collection' which is basically, 'Sheet Music', in order, and then '10cc' in order. Very strange.... you would think if they were going to bung two albums on 1 CD, they'd put the first album first....

Does a decent remaster of those two albums exist?
    I'm not sure. I know that Original Soundtrack was re-done without the Dolby pumping on the intro to "Im Not In Love" but whether the first two were sorted properly I'm not sure.. They're probably cheap enough to buy now so it may be worth a punt on a couple of new discs...

+ Reply to Thread