+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SP10R - Fremer in Tokyo with Technics

I'm James.

Default SP10R - Fremer in Tokyo with Technics

Interview with Fremer and Technics chief engineer and the SP10R.

I was very interested in what Technics had to say about production.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content...uya-tony-itani
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Hugo.

In an increasingly crowded new turntable market, I think that the new SP10R will be a genuine game changer, and probably at a price that’s not totally silly (I have no more info on that than anyone else, btw). People spending pop stars’ money on things like Continuum, TecDas, ‘oil rig’ Clearaudios etc will no doubt scoff at the new SP10R, as many are already doing regarding the new SL-1200 series, but Technics will have the last laugh, and frankly we will all benefit. Technics are definitely on a roll!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    In an increasingly crowded new turntable market, I think that the new SP10R will be a genuine game changer, and probably at a price that’s not totally silly (I have no more info on that than anyone else, btw). People spending pop stars’ money on things like Continuum, TecDas, ‘oil rig’ Clearaudios etc will no doubt scoff at the new SP10R, as many are already doing regarding the new SL-1200 series, but Technics will have the last laugh, and frankly we will all benefit. Technics are definitely on a roll!
    Totally agree Hugo.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Neil.

Available as motor unit only

PSU/Speed Control compatible with old SP10 mk2 and 3 Could be available to buy as an upgrade.

SP10 new version drop in replacement for SP10 mk2 and 3

Reading between the lines it will have a Technics plinth option, with arm board options.

New tonearm for a complete package.

All that remains to know is how much. Waits with bated breath.
    Regards Neil

I'm Robert.

SP 10 always been the real deal from Technics
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Adrian.

I wouldn't swap mine for any other and can't wait to put the Reed on it.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm paul.

What would you consider not totally silly money Hugo
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    What would you consider not totally silly money Hugo
    Well, that’s a moveable concept! Some have suggested that the motor unit will be around $10k, which of course is not pocket money, but maybe with Technics build quality and proper long term manufacturer support represents long term value, so in my book not silly money, unlike TecDas, Continuum, Grand Prix and even top SME models let alone forklift borne horrors like the Acoustical Systems Apolyt (Google that one for pictures). Value means different things to different people, with differing pocket depths, but I’d be amazed if it will be possible to (significantly) better one of these new SP10Rs, when paired with a suitable plinth and a decent tonearm. And it will hold its value, likely becoming a sought after new classic.

One thing that I like about this is that it’s unpretentious, compact and not intended to be built into some monstrous plinth the size of a stack of pallets, so it’s relevant to music enthusiasts who live in normal houses and who can afford it. it has clearly not been designed and built to live up to a notional and stratospheric price tag. it has been designed to take and develop the superb motor system from the new 1200 series and implement it in a chassis that harks back to the old designs, indeed offering backward compatibility with plinths.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well, that’s a moveable concept! Some have suggested that the motor unit will be around $10k, which of course is not pocket money, but maybe with Technics build quality and proper long term manufacturer support represents long term value, so in my book not silly money, unlike TecDas, Continuum, Grand Prix and even top SME models let alone forklift borne horrors like the Acoustical Systems Apolyt (Google that one for pictures). Value means different things to different people, with differing pocket depths, but I’d be amazed if it will be possible to (significantly) better one of these new SP10Rs, when paired with a suitable plinth and a decent tonearm. And it will hold its value, likely becoming a sought after new classic.

One thing that I like about this is that it’s unpretentious, compact and not intended to be built into some monstrous plinth the size of a stack of pallets, so it’s relevant to music enthusiasts who live in normal houses and who can afford it. it has clearly not been designed and built to live up to a notional and stratospheric price tag. it has been designed to take and develop the superb motor system from the new 1200 series and implement it in a chassis that harks back to the old designs, indeed offering backward compatibility with plinths.
    Good post Hugo.

£10,000 is a lot of lolly for a TT, even for one as good as the new Technics SP10 appears to be. So I'll continue to rumble along with my Thorens 124s and EMT 930.
    Barry

I'm paul.

Fortunately we are all different and some have more money than sense, but if that's their choice what they spend their money on. Personally 10k in pounds or dollars is utterly ridiculous.
    I do agree it's a beautiful thing
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast