+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannoy Berkeley

I'm frank.

Hard edge/double roll as per Prestige;

3808 hard edge;

I'm Mike.

Thanks for the extra info regarding the surrounds, I think I've gotten mixed up with all the stuff I've read so I might be wrong about the hard surrounds, don't worry I'll make sure I get it done correctly

I'm John.

Had the same dilemma and following advice on here ended up going for a full recone at Lockwoods with the standard HPD foam rather than the hard edge surrounds, not saying that's best though, I don't know. The recone vs replacing just the surrounds gets you updated voicecoils 300w vs 85w, not that you'd want to be running them anywhere near that and also new suspension which is probably important. They took FOREVER to run in afterwards, 200 hrs minimum but really nearer 300 hrs to fully settle.

I'm John.

Mike, there's some good info on this thread from Paul at RFC who is missed here on AoS. Hope you're keeping OK Paul

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...e-please/page6

I'm frank.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Had the same dilemma and following advice on here ended up going for a full recone at Lockwoods with the standard HPD foam rather than the hard edge surrounds, not saying that's best though, I don't know. The recone vs replacing just the surrounds gets you updated voicecoils 300w vs 85w, not that you'd want to be running them anywhere near that and also new suspension which is probably important. They took FOREVER to run in afterwards, 200 hrs minimum but really nearer 300 hrs to fully settle.
    That's 85w rms continuous, the New Canterbury GR only handles 150w rms continuous the 'uprated' HPD is 120W rms. Put 300w continuous through a HPD and you'll start to demagnetise the Alnico motor(assuming to don't fry the voicecoil..

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Haven't had HPDs reconed but my previous Golds with the hard bindings took an age, hundreds of hours as you say.

I'm Mike.

More brilliant help, thanks all, I'm still reading all the info I can find. These are going to be my last pair of speakers and I am determined to get it right.

I'm Mike.

Been trying to contact Lockwood, I did get 2 email replies to a couple of questions but now that I'm trying to organise the reconing I can't get hold of them lol.

Might be on holiday, I'll keep trying, will also contact the others that can do it, I've ruled out Tannoy doing it. I'll try Geoff's suggestion of Wembley.

I'm Dennis.

Wembley did my friend's HPDs.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Wembley did my friend's HPDs.
    Cool, I've emailed them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast