+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannoy Berkeley

I'm Geoff.

These are the kiddies you want. The Tannoy GRF (Guy R Fountain) Autograph Professional. You don't realise how big these are until you see them in the flesh. They are whopping!

Yes. I have heard a pair.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    These are the kiddies you want. The Tannoy GRF (Guy R Fountain) Autograph Professional. You don't realise how big these are until you see them in the flesh. They are whopping!

Massive! See how quickly things can get out of hand
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Geoff.

They don't sound anything like you'd expect. One would imagine them having huge slam and presence like some of the big Altecs, but although they obviously sound like Tannoys, they are actually surprisingly relaxed and even handed, much in the same way the big Klipschorns are. Although naturally, both can do massive scale if wanted.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy.steve View Post
    Yes, if your car is big enough..
    Think massive Winnebago.

Not Arden style, GRF's named after their creator Guy R Fountain back loaded horn.
    Sorry I meant Arden size I'm pushing it with the Berkeley cabs, and must admit I think they're perfect in our living room without being intimidating sizewise.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

So not only do you want me kicked out you want me to lose me nuts too

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    So not only do you want me kicked out you want me to lose me nuts too
    They slot into the corners and look like part of the room. At least in the photographs I've seen. Never encountered any for real.

Forgettaboutit anyway, easier to find a pair of identical, good-looking, nymphomaniac twins.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Forgettaboutit anyway, easier to find a pair of identical, good-looking, nymphomaniac twins.
    S'funny you say that, I must go, the wifes twin sister has just arrived*

* I made this up, she has 5 older brothers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    S'funny you say that, I must go, the wifes twin sister has just arrived*

* I made this up, she has 5 older brothers
    Funny how life never works out exactly how you want it to.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Probably about the same I'd say.

You'd never afford them anyway. Their exclusivity means that prices are huge! Most are in other countries too.

I'm Geoff.

Funny how life never works out exactly how you want it to.
    Tell that to Harvey Weinstein!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast