+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Tannoy Berkeley

I'm Paul.

In case you feel the need to spend a bit more money, I found the imaging of the Berkeleys really improved once I removed the plinths and put them on 8" stands.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    In case you feel the need to spend a bit more money, I found the imaging of the Berkeleys really improved once I removed the plinths and put them on 8" stands.

Not surprised at the imaging improvement .. tweeters at ear height is the secret.
    Speakers - 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys with custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Preamp - EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII with Ikeda IT345-CR1 and Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges: Miyajima Madake, Zero Mono 0.7 and Premium 1.0 retipped by Ana Mighty Sound with bamboo cantilever, Ortofon SPU Royal N and Shure M3D with Jico stylus; phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport.

'Wer nicht liebt Wein, Weib und Gesang der ist ein Narr sein Leben lang.'

I'm Geoff.

For my Cheviots, I made 9" MDF stands that the plinths slide down into. Saves tinkering with the speakers and work just fine.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819