+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannoy Berkeley

I'm Colin.

Alan and I used these Tannoy's Buckingham's to test Magnum and Dreadnought Amplifiers.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    Alan and I used these Tannoy's Buckingham's to test Magnum and Dreadnought Amplifiers.

Was standing n front of a pair last week they guy bought them for £500.... got to go back for a listen...
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Geoff.

I heard the Tannoy Buckinghams many years ago. They were supplied with an acoustic lens for the dual concentric top driver as I recall. Can't say they left a big impression.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I heard the Tannoy Buckingham many years ago. They were supplied with an acoustic lens for the dual concentric top driver as I recall. Can't say they left a big impression.
    Not surprised, given the genius of the Tannoy dual concentric driver is really its abilities as a phase-correct point source ... three dual concentric drivers arranged vertically would surely mess that up comprehensively?

I'm Edward.

Speaking of Tannoy's are the following pair a good bet at the price quoted? 15 inch Reds. No pictures of drivers though. Cabs look clean.

https://london.craigslist.co.uk/ele/...342395144.html

Looks like a dealer of some kind as there are quite a lot of adverts with 'London, Oxford' mentioned.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm frank.

Not 3 dc's just one DC atop 2 bass drivers. the lens was to increase horizontal dispersion.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Speaking of Tannoy's are the following pair a good bet at the price quoted? 15 inch Reds. No pictures of drivers though. Cabs look clean.

https://london.craigslist.co.uk/ele/...342395144.html

Looks like a dealer of some kind as there are quite a lot of adverts with 'London, Oxford' mentioned.
    I wouldn't touch those without seeing photos of the drive units and crossovers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cooky View Post
    Not 3 dc's just one DC atop 2 bass drivers. the lens was to increase horizontal dispersion.
    Thanks makes sense.

I'm Mike.

Oh no, room changes are being planned, they might be going in our home cinema room that's 2.5m x 4.5m, it's our old garage that we knocked through into from the living room to give us that space to convert into the TV/cinema room, TV is being moved into the main living room and I'm getting the the TV/cinema room as a music room, ok because it's open in to the living room I won't be able to play music when TV is being watched, but that's how it is just now anyway so no loss there

I'll be trying it out once my drivers are back from recone before final decision is made.

I'm Martin.

How long for the re-cone, Mikey?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast