+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannoy Berkeley

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I bet those little PMCs sound excellent in that room Mike
    They didn't in version 1, but much, much better in version 2 back into the corners instead of being in front of the empty Berkeley cabs

I'm Martin.

I wouldn't worry about the Tannoys in that room. I heard a pair in cabs twice that size in a similar room (might have been a bit smaller) at Scalford and they sounded excellent.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the Tannoys in that room. I heard a pair in cabs twice that size in a similar room (might have been a bit smaller) at Scalford and they sounded excellent.
    Good stuff, that helps ease the worry somewhat. It's a pain waiting on the drivers coming back, hopefully won't be too long.

The price extracted by The Boss for the Tannoys is already being spent, 2 painters working on quotes, new suite has been ordered for delivery in 6 weeks or so. I mean come on, all I spent was £175

I'm Martin.

You might want to get some of that pyramid foam stuff from Studio Spares to line the walls either side and absorb some reflections. I need to get some myself, it probably won't make any difference but it is cheap and it makes it look like you are taking things seriously.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You might want to get some of that pyramid foam stuff from Studio Spares to line the walls either side and absorb some reflections. I need to get some myself, it probably won't make any difference but it is cheap and it makes it look like you are taking things seriously.
    Do you want me to become single

I'm Martin.

Hey it's supposed to be your music room isn't it?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Good stuff, that helps ease the worry somewhat. It's a pain waiting on the drivers coming back, hopefully won't be too long.

The price extracted by The Boss for the Tannoys is already being spent, 2 painters working on quotes, new suite has been ordered for delivery in 6 weeks or so. I mean come on, all I spent was £175
    Gaun yersel Mike , you're making me feel better already
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Mike.

Without taking this too far off topic, it looks like my Decca isn't too poorly, it's outputting 7mv instead of 5mv, it has a fairly new Extended Contact stylus already fitted. So it's being fully tested, cleaned and hopefully returned soon.

I'm jamie.

good news mate!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

Only £175 for Tannoy Berkeleys!

I'll double that and pay the lockwood costs. Heck I'll even treat myself to a nice vacation in Scotland to pick them up.

And I'm sure I will be able to convince the boss I have a steal.

Nice dream.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast