+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannoy Berkeley

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You could be OK Mike. Tannoys are funny things. You'd think corner placements wouldn't work too well, but they often do. My nearly as large Cheviots are in corners in a small room and work just fine.
    Ok thanks, time will tell I suppose, nice to have a dedicated space for music and we’ll just keep the 7ft wide screen to project onto when we want a movie on, finding space for the av amp and media player is going to be an issue though

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    While I wait for the drivers to return I have my PMC 21's sitting on top of the Berkeley cabs and they are sounding great, ok they're a bit high for ideal tweeter height but I'm still impressed with these little standmounts.
    I had Tannoy Autographs built in the run up to a new house purchase. They were going to go in the corners of the living room which involved closing up the existing living room door off the hallway ( so entry was from the kitchen only).

Day we moved in that option was taken off the table - but the Autographs were already half built. They arrived and sure enough didn't fit the other way round (blocking off a chunk of window no laughing matter at well over 5ft tall and almost 4ft wide at widest point. Sadly they had to go.

I think you'll be fine, though I'd try to get the listening position a bit closer that's a very deep triangle.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I had Tannoy Autographs built in the run up to a new house purchase. They were going to go in the corners of the living room which involved closing up the existing living room door off the hallway ( so entry was from the kitchen only).

Day we moved in that option was taken off the table - but the Autographs were already half built. They arrived and sure enough didn't fit the other way round (blocking off a chunk of window no laughing matter at well over 5ft tall and almost 4ft wide at widest point. Sadly they had to go.

I think you'll be fine, though I'd try to get the listening position a bit closer that's a very deep triangle.
    Will do, I've just plonked the speakers down just now, I'll be moving rest of the gear today or tomorrow and will need to use my PMC's in the meantime. But even that will be an interesting experiment.

montesquieu Guest

Definitely worth experimenting ... Tannoys can work extremely well near field (unsurprising I guess from their studio heritage) so worth giving that a go as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Will do, I've just plonked the speakers down just now, I'll be moving rest of the gear today or tomorrow and will need to use my PMC's in the meantime. But even that will be an interesting experiment.
    Couldnt you sleep Mikey ??

Good luck with the Tannoys
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Couldnt you sleep Mikey ??

Good luck with the Tannoys
    Woke up at 3:43am wide awake so browsed internet until 5:40 then went back to sleep

Going to move the rest of the kit just shortly, hope I hear about my drivers soon.

I'm Mike.

Kit now moved. Took out the Xiang Sheng DAC/Pre in favour on my TQ Claymore Amp as a Pre Amp, gives me remote control and better audio than the Xiang.

Have to say it sounds dreadful

I'm Brian.

That looks very tidy Mike . It also looks like it will probably work ( hope it does mate ) . Love the rack too BTW
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    That looks very tidy Mike . It also looks like it will probably work ( hope it does mate ) . Love the rack too BTW
    Thanks Brian, I've already upgraded to version 2 which is sounding much better

I'm Brian.

I bet those little PMCs sound excellent in that room Mike
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast