+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The old Rega to Technics upgrade.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Derek.

Default The old Rega to Technics upgrade.

Hi all,

You've heard it all before I'm sure but I have an old Planar 3 with AO rewired RB300 + DV10x5 and I'm thinking about upgrading to a modded SL1210.

I've been busy absorbing the wealth of knowledge in the Techiepedia and for the most part the majority of my questions have been answered (thanks everyone).

My first port of call is to get a 2nd-hand unit and install the arm/cart. Is an sl12010 with rewired RB300 and DV10x5 a good combo or is this likely to put me off? Has anyone heard this or similar setups? I've seen off-the-shelf upgrades with SME or Michell Tecnoarm - are these somehow preferable?

Am I right in thinking that all I need is an OL rega armboard to accomodate this? Is there anything else I should consider? for VTA adjustment, etc.

Excuse the newbie question but what improvements/differences can I expect by just changing the arm/cart? Am I expecting too much from this upgrade?

May or may not be relevant but I currently use olive+chrome-bumper Naim amplification and listen to Rock/Metal/Punk/Krautrock/Indie/Jazz and a small amount of electronic.

Cheers.
    Last edited by deek; 29-09-2017 at 15:30.

+ Reply to Thread