+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of My amp

I'm Corne.

Default Death of My amp

12 days old and tonight while listening to a nit of Nina Simone severe crackle bang and now severe buzz sound in the background. Buzz does not get louder with output volume it's the same and even present when sound is all the way down. I'm dumbstruck have no idea what would have caused it but I assume its power supply related. Anybody Els ever had this happen. I'm a pain on my gear I turn volume to 0 before switch off warm amp for a min before I start to slowly increase volume never crank it past 3/4 (75) this one has never seen anything past 50% it's still running in. Going to be a long weekend without my music time the Marley is charged for some low quality noise creation.

I'm Martin.

What is the amp? I'm guessing it is a vacuum tube design?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm bob.

Did you check the fuses?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm Corne.

No rotel1570 amp.

I'm Corne.

Under warranty so cannot open to check but fuse would normally stop it from working, it still works just the buzz makes it rubbish.

I'm Martin.

At least you are under warranty. Surprising that a Rotel would let go like that, though, they usually run for decades without any issue.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Rob.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...RA-1570-issue&

If you Google it seems that there have been a lot of problems with this amp.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Corne.

Thanks for that link Puffin it seems that the amp will be returned and they can keep it. Might have to change that into one of the Yamaha stereo amps. Problem is these B&W 683 are hungry they sounded pretty average with only 80W Yamaha pushing them.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Photoguy1510 View Post
    Thanks for that link Puffin it seems that the amp will be returned and they can keep it. Might have to change that into one of the Yamaha stereo amps. Problem is these B&W 683 are hungry they sounded pretty average with only 80W Yamaha pushing them.
    Good speakers, the Subaru Imprezza of speakers in fact.

You want current over watts unless you have them in a big room in which case they need both. Especially if you wamt to crank it up a bit.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Corne.

Sorry you lost me on that how do I see current ability of an amp W is hard enough to get a honest value. Any amps you can recommend I take for a test drive. Keep in mind though NZ the nice affordable British gear is a dead ripoff on the
    Is side of the pond. And plinius is not in my budget though I'd love one of those bulldozers in the lounge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast