+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What will be the first upgrade you do on Technics sl1200 mk2

I'm Bikram.

Ok. i have added it into my wish list. thanks
    Are you using external power supply?

I'm Jim.

Bikram,

I also think the Acromat is wonderful, I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Check your PM, I have a shopping list for you.
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

I'm Bikram.

Quote Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
    Bikram,

I also think the Acromat is wonderful, I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Check your PM, I have a shopping list for you.
    Hi 6L6,

Thanks. I have sent you the message. Much appreciated your help.

I'm Mick.

Hows the mods going Bikram ?
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Bikram.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Hows the mods going Bikram ?
    It is going good. Now i am working on external PSU , but not having enough time. Waiting for the Christmas holidays. lol
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by kambo_z View Post
    It is going good. Now i am working on external PSU , but not having enough time. Waiting for the Christmas holidays. lol
    External PSU is a good upgrade. Good luck with it and loads of advice can be found on here. Members were brilliant when I was upgrading stuff and their knowledge is amazing.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Bikram.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    External PSU is a good upgrade. Good luck with it and loads of advice can be found on here. Members were brilliant when I was upgrading stuff and their knowledge is amazing.
    Are you thinking to upgrade the baring, let me know, how it will perform. cheers
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by kambo_z View Post
    Are you thinking to upgrade the baring, let me know, how it will perform. cheers

No I have changed Turntables so the upgraded Mike New bearing is for sale. Its an amazing upgrade for the technics turntables. Have a look at some of the posts on this worthwhile upgrade.

I'm phil.

What have you changed to ?
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345