+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know Michael Fremer, Art Dudley and their hi-fi systems...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Getting to know Michael Fremer, Art Dudley and their hi-fi systems...

Well worth watching folks, so enjoy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Fasinating,

I'm Neil.

Jana DAGDAGAN has brought a real breath of fresh air to Stereophile and its her input that has seen the mags You Tube channel come to life, lots of interesting videos, the two above being among the latest.

Stereophile is the only mag I still buy regularly, the others now not being bought if there isn't enoughin the issues for me.

Love Art Dundley's video.
    Regards Neil

I'm James.

Two more I particularly liked, especially Herb Reichert, this guy has charisma.
    https://www.audiostream.com/content/...a-hey-thats-me
    https://www.stereophile.com/content/...-herb-reichert
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Furry people? WTF

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Furry people? WTF
    Folks who like to express themselves by wearing humanoid head to toe animal costumes, part of the alternative lifestyle communities out there. It's a type of Cos Play but goes further into their lives than other Cos Players who only wear costumes to conventions. Whatever floats your boat, but very much a growing community all over the world.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Two more I particularly liked, especially Herb Reichert, this guy has charisma.
    https://www.audiostream.com/content/...a-hey-thats-me
    https://www.stereophile.com/content/...-herb-reichert
    Agreed his videos are a lot of fun to watch.
    Regards Neil

I'm Paul.

I thought Art Dudley came across really well. A bit odd, but straightforward.

Fremer? Everything that's wrong with HiFi in a video for me. He has 'the best tone arm he's ever heard', but another one too, ditto phono stages... At least he had loads of records/cd's to play.
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    I thought Art Dudley came across really well. A bit odd, but straightforward.

Fremer? Everything that's wrong with HiFi in a video for me. He has 'the best tone arm he's ever heard', but another one too, ditto phono stages... At least he had loads of records/cd's to play.
    Dudley is an eccentric I think, but in an good interesting way.

Michael is Michael and a good read and he puts his own money where is mouth is. I thought it a very honest and interesting video. He is a reviewer and often having plenty of kit is useful for matching, frankly I think that a good thing.
    Regards Neil

I'm Paul.

Fair enough. I guess there's a bit of jealousy on my part since 5 digit bits of hifi are somewhat un-affordable, but they are also a bit unpalatable to me. I did note he hadn't bought the mega-bucks cables...

There is another video on the stereophile website of art talking to herb about imaging. I found that entertaining.

I do like Art's view that everything distorts, just chose you personal preference.
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast