+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: Sony SH-151 Headshell

I'm Barry.

Nice one Dave - yes I think I'm sorted, just need to make arrangements. Do you mind if I ask what you paid for your PS-X600?
    ..all the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff...

Frank Zappa

I'm Dave.

£125 without cartridge. No idea whether that is good or not (they were £180 new but that was back in '81). It is has some scratches and could do with a service - takes a few seconds to get speed stable from startup, which is shouldn't. The Biotracer arm - which is the reason I wanted to try it - seems OK. Not sure whether I will keep it or not, very convenient to use and sounds quite nice but I'm still swapping cartridges. How are you getting on with yours, and what cart are you using?

I'm Clive.

Got mine for £200 with a DL-160 cartridge that is of uncertain age so now replaced with an AT-F7 that is working well for me. Overall condition was pretty good but with a minor issue with the RCA lead which must be kept horizontal where it exits the deck otherwise it hums. Seen them go for between £100 to £300. I was intrigued by the biotracer and wanted to try one of the DDs that feature on the Vintage Knob. Really like the deck which gives my LP12 (same cartridge) a close run.

Picked up a second head shell at the Audiojumble on Sunday for £10.

I'm Barry.

I picked mine up at a CaBoot for....£8. The seller initially asked for a tenner, but before I could even respond she dropped it to £8

Some muppet has sprayed the lid black and the stylus was shot - but what I heard/saw in the 5 mins I got it playing before the stylus finally gave up the ghost really impressed me. Only problem is the integrated headshell/cart. I've got a spare VMS20E but I can't use it

Frank Zappa

I'm Clive.

If you can get it working properly then that counts as a score

I'm Bob.

Hi Barry - are you still looking for the headshell, if so I've got one I don't really need. PM me if you're interested

I'm Bob.

Rich (aka dicy) - your PM inbox is full . . .

I'm Rich.

Cleared now

I'm Barry.

Now sorted many thanks. Mods can you close this thread for me please?

Frank Zappa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12