+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie from New Zealand

I'm Corne.

Default Newbie from New Zealand

Hi, just started on getting myself setup in the audio world have always had stereos but nothing special.
    Finally decided to get my man cave setup so after days of reading reviews and listening to amp after amp and speaker after speaker I ended up with what sounded best to me for my budget, it was a fun exersize but not sure the sonus faber agent likes me.

Ended up with a Rotel 1570, B&W 683 s2, Onkyo C 7050 CD and Pro-ject carbon essential ii. the B&Ws are bi wired with shielded silver coated 12ga copper cables from Supra with optic link on cd and shielded ARC rca to the turn table.

I listen to just about everything but a special preferance to Jethro tull, Pink Floyd, Nina Simone and Leonard Cohen. the list goes on and on but id say those are my every day goto and relax music. seem to be throwing in lumineers more amd more these days.

well thats me in a nutshell

regards
    Corne

I'm Grant.

Hi Corne, welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Corne. Welcome to AOS.

Glad you're having a bit of fun setting up your Hi-Fi. Many of us have been at it for years.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you, so have a look around the site and join in any chat that appeals.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Lived in Wellington for a few years in the 90s. Great city. I lived out in the bays to the south. Was a decent jazz scene then thanks mainly to students studying there, not so great for classical though.

Haere Mai !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Corne.

Thank you for the welcome I'm best not reading what some of you guys run as it's pure sin. Leaves lots to dream about.

@montesquieu I left Wellington last December now in Carterton cannot wait for summer had enough of rain now.

I'm Corne.

Don't want to upset the mafia so I'll ask here first where can I post a message re need some help/advice

+ Reply to Thread