+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello all I'm jake !

I'm Jakob.

Default Hello all I'm jake !

Hello everyone !

What a wonderful community you guys and girls seem to have ! If I may I would like to be a part .

My name is jake and I am a 26 year old working in London in the film industry (camera department- I'm a clapper loader , that means I clap two peices of wood together for a living basically).

I have just recently gotten into hifi , I have always loved music .
    I am starting to peice together a high quality yet value proposition 2nd hand system to suit my eclectic tastes , somewhat limited space and budget constrained but quality concern.

Radiohead to goldie , unkle to roots manouva , led zeppelin to faithless ....

I have a quad 303 on the way with some castle acoustic Trent ii bookshelfs , all In £280 just after a pre amp I'm thinking either a croft or go a passive route with a light speed attenuator or nelson pass b1 ??? Any thoughts ?
    A lenco l75 caught my eye as a turntable or perhaps a rega p3 / p25 . And a chord mojo musical fidelity v90 or Schitt multibit bitfrost will likely be my dac to handle the digital side .

I did listen to some spendor bc1 (among many others ) and absolutely fell in love . But damn they are big for my house .

I hope this isn't long winded and gives you guys something interesting regarding my departure point and introduction .

Hello everyone !

Jake

I'm Grant.

Not at all Jake, good intro. Welcome aboard and sure the community can assist you in your search. Good to hear your in the film buisness. Great stuff and the sky is the limit.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hi Jake. Welcome to AOS.

There are lots of people here who can give you opinions on the equipment you mention.

There's plenty going on, so feel free to get involved and chat with the members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jakob.

Default Update

So I have gone from a shit Denon integrated with q acoustics from a iPhone headphone jack playing streamed mp3

To....3581C307-7A7C-49C7-9D8D-0943C7794C66.jpg8BF988DE-2C29-4CCC-826B-D307BDFDDE72.jpg9D71B2A1-936F-41CB-84A4-A88BCABBCC9A.jpg

A raspberry pi3 with allo Kali reclocker and piano 2.1 dac fed with Qobuz 16bit 44.1khz ? (CD quality) streamed material feeding into a tisbury passive pre controlling a quad 303 all ejected into my room via castle Trent II’s ....

And I have to say the difference is astounding .

Now I’m looking to you guys to help finness ! Ive played around with speaker position and I think this is best I can find on the convenience of the bookshelf. I train the speakers upside down to get the tweeters to listening level when I’m seated but to my ear it got riff of any semblance of lower registers.... they are toed in somewhat which helped a bit to my ear. Problem is I sit and stand up and very drastically varying levels as my lovely sofa is very low and I’m fidgety .

Anything else I can do ?
    Stands? Power cables help ? Speaker cables? Interconnects? Any sugestions?

Jake

+ Reply to Thread