+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Vegans and Vegetarians

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by perlogalism View Post
    I raise and eat my own meat. Most of it is slaughtered on site and it's as humane as possible - after all,they have no idea about the bolt gun behind my back while they're feeding. Unfortunately, I do have to take the Pigs to the abattoir and that's never a pleasant experience either for them or me.
    Less pleasant for them though, as you get to go home afterwards.

I'm Grant.

Farmers have to be pragmatic about it. They like their animals but if they dont farm them, then the animals just wont exist quite frankly in a fairly short period of time. My brother looks after his lambs like babies lol. But in the final analysis they have to go or tbh they would just die nastily. Sheep are possibly the most stupid of animals
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Less pleasant for them though, as you get to go home afterwards.
    That's the problem with text: I can't tell if that's a simple observation, irony or a dig?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Farmers have to be pragmatic about it. They like their animals but if they dont farm them, then the animals just wont exist quite frankly in a fairly short period of time. My brother looks after his lambs like babies lol. But in the final analysis they have to go or tbh they would just die nastily. Sheep are possibly the most stupid of animals
    Exactly right. I wouldn't say that I love my animals but they are certainly lovingly cared for for the duration of their lives. As we don't farm commercially, all the animals get to live longer than they usually would, live in a natural environment and in the case of the pigs, get plenty of treats from the veg garden and orchard. It's sometimes a struggle to keep the sheep from topping themselves before I'm good and ready to do it for them though

I'm Spartacus.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There is also this celebrated Victorian case where stranded sailors ate the cabin boy and got nicked for it on their return: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Dudley_and_Stephens
    Don't tell me, the cabin boys name was Roger.

I'm Grant.

Yeah and he was the lodger too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789