+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegans and Vegetarians

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You might like to watch this:

https://www.amazon.com/Idiocracy-Luk...ords=idiocracy

Based on the idea that parents having a low IQ tend to have more children, and more frequently, than parents with a higher IQ, so eventually the world is populated with, and governed by, ever increasingly dumb people.

Ah. Perhaps we'll see a new Pol Pot emerging. The idiots will wipe out the educated! Year Zero UK, now there's a thought.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thank goodness most of us will be dead by then!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Thank goodness most of us will be dead by then!

Marco.
    Yup thank God.

Marco I just pm'd you about something....
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

Yeah, got it mate. Bit busy right now, but will reply later

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Indeed, and the results would make interesting reading. Something has to be done though, as the current situation is untenable...

Out of interest, does anyone watch the programme 'Can't Pay We'll Take it Away'?
    Programmes like that are the televisual equivalent of the Daily Mail: 'Here are some poor people for you to look down on/laugh at/condemn. Aren't you glad you're not like that? PS A lot of them have darker skins than you and they breed like flies'

The same type of rhetoric was used of Irish Catholics back in the mid-19th century, of Russian Jews in the late 19th century, and of German Jews and similar untermensch in the mid-20th century.

It seems a long way from the message propounded by Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Programmes like that are the televisual equivalent of the Daily Mail: 'Here are some poor people for you to look down on/laugh at/condemn.
    Some of them aren't so poor, Joe. In fact, some are millionaires and landed gentry, simply unwilling to pay their debts until the last possible second. They're the ones I laugh at and pour scorn upon, because I detest folk with that attitude.

Others I feel sorry for, because they are simply hapless victims of the system or business people who've fallen on hard times, and I sympathise with them. It's just disposable TV, but I find some of the situations depicted quite entertaining.

The point I'm making about the kids, is that there are plenty of white people shown on the programme, poor and otherwise, but none I've seen so far have more kids than pounds in their bank account... It seems to be the "darker skins", as you put it, who "breed like flies", and appear to exhibit no self-control in their desire to procreate, when they haven't got two pennies to rub together.

Although I realise that may be how the producers of the programme choose to portray things (for whatever reason), the same evidence of that behaviour is very evident in real life, and it's one of the reasons that the countries where they come from have a massive overpopulation issue, which more and more is also being transferred onto the streets of cities like London.

I think it's a deep-rooted cultural/mindset thing, and it needs controlling fast, as the current level of such irresponsible breeding is completely unsustainable.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Basically, the better the education, the smaller the family. Up until not that long ago, in Britain at least, it was Irish Catholics who had bigger families. This was partly down to the Church's teaching in birth control, and partly because Irish Catholics tended to come from a rural background, where the bigger the family the better, because there would (eventually) be more hands to work the land. Gradually, Catholic families have become smaller, and I would imagine the same thing will happen other ethnic minority groups in due course.

The problem with the type of programme you mentioned, and with the Daily Mail in particular, is that they give the government the public support they need to target 'benefit scroungers', with the result that people genuinely in need of help are subjected to additional pressures. For example, people with serious mental and physical disabilities are having to 'prove' they are unfit to work even when they are clearly not able to hold down a job. Many have committed suicide as a result. Meanwhile, attention is usefully deflected from those individuals and companies at the top of the money tree who manage their financial affairs in such a way as to avoid paying much, or indeed any tax. They also bung the political parties a few hundred thousand pounds every now and then to keep them sweet.
    Last edited by Joe; 25-09-2017 at 10:24.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I don't eat a lot of meat but would rather die than stop.
    I'm as fond of a bacon sarnie as the next man, but I think I could do without if death was the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Gradually, Catholic families have become smaller, and I would imagine the same thing will happen other ethnic minority groups in due course.
    Mmm... I'm not so sure. What makes you think so? I'm doubtful because I don't believe those currently in the UK are driven by the same beliefs (such as you've outlined) as Catholics and Irish Catholics once were. I think they just keep 'popping 'em out' because they believe that's what's expected of them, regardless.

What I don't get is why these folk seem incapable of thinking before acting, or applying any kind of forward planning, in terms of ascertaining *exactly* how they're going to properly support and pay for all these babies that they're bringing into the world. I'm talking here *solely* about those 'living' in the UK.

Are they really *that* dim/ill-educated that they're completely incapable of any form of rational thought? I think not.

The problem with the type of programme you mentioned, and with the Daily Mail in particular, is that they give the government the public support they need to target 'benefit scroungers', with the result that people genuinely in need of help are subjected to additional pressures. For example, people with serious mental and physical disabilities are having to 'prove' they are unfit to work even when they are clearly not able to hold down a job. Many have committed suicide as a result. Meanwhile, attention is usefully deflected from those individuals and companies at the top of the money tree who manage their financial affairs in such a way as to avoid paying much, or indeed any tax. They also bung the political parties a few hundred thousand pounds every now and then to keep them sweet.
    Absolutely, and I abhor that type of behaviour with a passion... I'd happily see wankers like that on the streets and completely destitute!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Mmm... I'm not so sure. What makes you think so? I'm doubtful because I don't believe those currently in the UK are driven by the same beliefs as Catholics and Irish Catholics once were.
    Partly it's my own family history. My mother, who came from an Irish Catholic background, was one of seven children. She had four children, and would have had more had she not been warned that it would be medically dangerous for herself and any future children. Between the four of us, we have had nine children, but there's only three children in the next generation (and most of my nieces and nephews are in their forties now, so there's unlikely to be many more). The experiences of many of my contemporaries at school has been similar; they came from families of four or five children, but have limited themselves to one or two.

As I said upthread, Irish Catholics were, not too long ago, stigmatised for producing too many children for whom they could not provide. Here, for example, is an extract from a US writer at the end of the 19th century:

'We owe it to our children to adopt an amendment to the constitution which shall forbid appropriations for the benefit of any institution under sectarian control or for any religious or non-religious sect. All ecclesiastical property shall be held in trust by a board of trustees numbering not less than five members of the congregation owning or donating the property. No property shall be exempt from taxation except it belong to the state or nation. All new voters shall be able to read and write. Unless such an amendment be passed, Rome will hold the republic in her grasp. The ballot is not free. Romanists are slaves of a foreign master.
    The plan is thus outlined to subvert our free institutions and to papalize America: "Send over the surplus population of Europe. They will come with foreign views and feelings and will form a heterogeneous mass, and in the course of time rise and overthrow the republic."

Keep such facts before the people, and there will be a coming out from Rome or a coming out against Rome. I would not be an alarmist. The republic cannot afford to forget the peril: 1. In free immigration, which is bringing to America the scum of Europe. 2. The surrender to Rome through marriage, in which children are given to Rome. 3. The constant inculcation of fertility, ostensibly to carry out the Biblical injunction but really to increase political power. 4. The influence of the women's rights craze, which is giving our school interests over the Roman Catholics.'

Sound familiar?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast