+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Dublin

I'm Pavel.

Default Hi from Dublin

Hi everyone!

My name is Pavel and I'm originally from Russia, but I spent last 11 years living in different parts of the world — from Ukraine to the US. Right now I'm living in Dublin together with my lovely wife and our grumpy old cat.

When I moved to Dublin 10 months ago, I left my audio equipment behind, and now I have only a rather junky "temporary" system. My main source is Goldring Lenco GL75 which I'm trying to turn from an old piece of junk into a decent turntable. Most of my serious listening is done through a pair of inexpensive (but very nice) HiFiMan HE400s headphones and a cheap Schiit headphone amp, although I also have an old HK stereo amp and a pair of small full-range Philips speakers that are mostly used for background music on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings. I'm definitely going to upgrade my system in the future. Before moving to Dublin, I used a system of a much higher caliber and I'm not satisfied with the current setup (although those wide-range Philips are unexpectedly nice for jazz and opera).

When it comes to music, I'm really passionate about jazz. My favourite sub-genres include cool, modal and avant-garde jazz and I think the two decades between 1955 and 1975 were probably the most important years ever in terms of jazz innovation.

I also like opera and late-Romantic classical music in general.

Aside from aforementioned genres, I also listen to a usual mixture of classic rock, blues and soul. I'm also very interested in ambient and some electronic music, although my exploration of those fields is only beginning.

It's very nice to meet you all! I hope my stay here will be pleasant for everyone :-)

I'm Geoff.

Hello Pavel. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place if you want to discuss future equipment choices. You'll find sections here covering every type of Hi-Fi. Just choose the right place and ask any questions you want to.

There's a lot going on and the members are friendly, so just join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread