+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AlloBoss/Audiophonics/Mo0de/Volumio initial comparison

I'm rupert.

+1

with both moode and volumio you get the dual mono or dual stereo option but only with the Piano 2.1 DAC (because it has 2 identical DAC PCM5142 chips onboard). Initially the second one was intended to drive a sub... but with a little coding, the developers have managed to route a L&R mono signal to each individual chip.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    Dual Mono mode is now available as a setting both in Volumio and Moode.
    Can you tell where the settings are in Moode - Ive got the player identified as Piano 2.1 but can't find the place to reset the filters ?

Mel

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Can you tell where the settings are in Moode - Ive got the player identified as Piano 2.1 but can't find the place to reset the filters ?

Mel
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'reset the filters'.
    There's a setting 'Chip/Device options' just below the DAC setting, but it may be that you are using an old release of Moode that doesn't have that option available. It enables you to set 2.0, 2.1, Dual Mono or Dual Stereo mode.

I'm Luke.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'reset the filters'.
    There's a setting 'Chip/Device options' just below the DAC setting, but it may be that you are using an old release of Moode that doesn't have that option available. It enables you to set 2.0, 2.1, Dual Mono or Dual Stereo mode.
    Really interesting that they have managed to do this - can you tell any difference between 2.0, dual mono and dual stereo? If so, how would you characterise the differences?

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Really interesting that they have managed to do this - can you tell any difference between 2.0, dual mono and dual stereo? If so, how would you characterise the differences?
    In comparison with 2.0, i find Dual Mono gives noticeably better separation and definition of instruments. If you Google 'Piano 2.1 dual mono' you will find some more favourable opinions.

I'm rupert.

In comparison with 2.0, i find Dual Mono gives noticeably better separation and definition of instruments. If you Google 'Piano 2.1 dual mono' you will find some more favourable opinions.
    1+ my experience as well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123