+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ebay rules on contact info

I'm Ian.

Default ebay rules on contact info

I've just had an email from ebay emphasising their latest rules, basically it seems to be saying if you release any contact information including address details you will incur final sale fees and may get a suspension!

I don't sell much on ebay but anyone thinking about listing high value items best take note as it appears the option to let people view before bidding has gone!

I'm Grant.

They are just burying themselves and helping make it a scammers paradise. I rarely use them now and never sell. Rather sell it for a lot less elsewhere, or give it away.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    They are just burying themselves and helping make it a scammers paradise. I rarely use them now and never sell. Rather sell it for a lot less elsewhere, or give it away.

I'm Anto.

Sometimes the greedy just get greedier
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    I've just had an email from ebay emphasising their latest rules, basically it seems to be saying if you release any contact information including address details you will incur final sale fees and may get a suspension!

I don't sell much on ebay but anyone thinking about listing high value items best take note as it appears the option to let people view before bidding has gone!
    Its simple to avoid sales outside EBay, only contact through their system so it is watched by their automated system. It can be got round but I think it unethical to do so. If you use someones system to have a market place and then knowingly avoid or circumvent the fee for doing so... well I think that's naughty. If you use EBay obey their rules, if you don't want to go elsewhere.
    Regards Neil

montesquieu Guest

They actually don't want their traditional hobyist seller base any more, they see their rival as Amazon, standardised inventory being sold along industrial lines.

I'm Neil.

My biggest gripe is folks terminating an auction early if it sells elsewhere, fair enough its got no bids on it, but once there are bids I feel it should be locked and must go through to completion.
    Regards Neil

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Its simple to avoid sales outside EBay, only contact through their system so it is watched by their automated system. It can be got round but I think it unethical to do so. If you use someones system to have a market place and then knowingly avoid or circumvent the fee for doing so... well I think that's naughty. If you use EBay obey their rules, if you don't want to go elsewhere.
    Agree - I know how much it annoys me when I bid on an item to only find a bit later it has been withdrawn from sale because, I assume, somebody has contacted the seller to offer a purchase outside of ebay...it has happened quite a lot lately.

But - I can also understand that on high value items a purchaser might want to view before committing themselves, you can always view beforehand at normal auction houses.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    They actually don't want their traditional hobyist seller base any more, they see their rival as Amazon, standardised inventory being sold along industrial lines.
    I think that might be right . I was talking to a trade friend last week , who had an E Bay shop.
    They were selling a garden product and he was telling me how they had grown very quickly ( with reasonably small value items but a few hundred a day) to be running quite a good buisness. His bro in law realised that Amazon had tracked their success and had seen where they purchased the items (Scotland ) went into that supplier and undercut them ,leading to the supplier not wanting to sell to him any more .
    They then went about selling the product themselves
    Effectively took the trade , lock stock and barrell
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

If they didnt rip sellers off at every opportunity they wouldnt have a problem. they charge too much and side with buyers no matter what thus screwing up what was a nice way of buying and selling for all bar the massives volume sellers..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast