+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY. What Are You Having a Bash At?

I'm Geoff.

Default DIY. What Are You Having a Bash At?

I guess quite a few members will be building, repairing or mantaining stuff. It can go well or not so well.

Yesterday I repainted the top of an old steel cupboard for the workshop. The tin of black enamel was about ten years old, I gave it a stir after breaking the substantial skin it had formed and applied it. I had my doubts, old paint can be dodgy. So, this morning, it's still very sticky. I'll give it another day or so, but if it refuses to start drying properly, I'll have to wipe it off with thinners and redo it with fresh paint.

Quite pleased with the flashing strip I fitted to the garage roof yesterday though. That went well. I cut it from a roll of bituminised shed roof felt, glued it in place with hi-grab adhesive and sealed with black butyl goo! It'll last about ten years.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Thought at first you were referring to audio projects Geoff.

At the moment the bathroom has been ripped out, at last getting rid of the pale yellow bath that we presume was originally fitted when the house was built.
    The toilet and sink are/were white so they must have been replaced previously.

There are no tiles left on the walls and just the toilet still connected in the corner, though this needs moving further into the corner.
    I shall be using 'Splashwall' sheeting or an equivalent rather than tiles then plumbing and fitting myself, the only thing I need doing is re-plastering as I don't have that skill.

This is the last room to be rejuvenated so happy days.

I'm Deleted.

I've done masses of DIY, both home and audio - too much to list in fact. I don't actually enjoy the home stuff at all, I just know how to do it and can do it well.
    Account Deleted

I'm bob.

I was going to spruce up the front door with a coat of paint. Started by investigating a soft patch of wood, ended by figuring that 107 years is not a bad innings, and that a new door might have to take precedence over a pair of Harbeths in the immediate future.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    the only thing I need doing is re-plastering as I don't have that skill.
    Ripped down all the plaster covering the old lath ceiling in my bathroom and replastered it about 18 months ago. Never done one before. It came out well. You never know what you can do until you have a bash!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    I was going to spruce up the front door with a coat of paint.
    I reckon you're right. It could need more than a dab of paint!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yesterday I repainted the top of an old steel cupboard for the workshop. The tin of black enamel was about ten years old, I gave it a stir after breaking the substantial skin it had formed and applied it. I had my doubts, old paint can be dodgy. So, this morning, it's still very sticky. I'll give it another day or so, but if it refuses to start drying properly, I'll have to wipe it off with thinners and redo it with fresh paint.
    At last. it seems to be begining to dry. Fingers crossed.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I reckon you're right. It could need more than a dab of paint!
    New doorbell will not sound as good as the harbeth s though !

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Started by investigating a soft patch of wood,
    If that's the full extent of the soft wood I'd rebuild that corner with fresh wood.

I'm Simon.

It ain't building work but Im part rebridling a 15m kitesurfing foil kite. Think 2/3 of a paraglider and you're in the ball park.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast