+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone detail Fountek Neo x 2 and Bohlender Graebener Neo 3 sound signatures?

I'm Hal.

Default Can anyone detail Fountek Neo x 2 and Bohlender Graebener Neo 3 sound signatures?

I'm wanting to build a small two way to suit a bedroom 4 x 3.6m. Preferred midbass is the Usher 8945A, which may or may not be a bit too big for the size room (open to dropping to about5" if it will work better) and, for the tweeter, I was pretty much set on the Fountek Neo x 2 until coming across the Bohlender Graebener range, which seem to be able to be crossed over significantly lower.
    Any comparisons between the two much appreciated, I value air, fluidity and all round musicality over clinical detail. In short, which is more fun and enjoyable to listen to? Very MOR oriented in my taste, with vocals, piano, small chamber, soft rock and ambience my normal go to genres. I like music to lead with the midrange, I'm absolutely not a bass freak.
    Without music, powerboat racing, photography and a whole stack of other stuff that floats my boat, life is just a non stop procession of deadlines and bills.

I'm Ken.

Only used the Fountek Neo X 1.0 as in the Quad S1 stand mounts.
    I like it a lot, crosses at 3.2kHz in this speaker.
    Not tizzy or splashy at all and combined with the Quad 4" carbon mid/bass is absolutely gorgeous with voices.
    The Neo X 2.0 has a slightly flatter response and greater power handling.
    Very tempted by this for a 3-way project.

I'm Hal.

Thanks for the advice - gorgeous with voices is exactly the type of sound I'm after (plus strings, piano, small chamber etc) The Fountek x2s have been ordered and should arrive next week. Going through stacks of indecision on which midbass to use although the SEAS paper reed drivers, in either 5 or 7" sizings, look to be the front runners at the moment over the Usher. Wanting a relaxed musical sound I can listen to for hours, and I think the SEAS units might be a bit better i this regard.
    Still thinking......
    Without music, powerboat racing, photography and a whole stack of other stuff that floats my boat, life is just a non stop procession of deadlines and bills.

+ Reply to Thread