Is there such a thing as going mad listening to hifi equipment?

Since changing the caps in my amp a few weeks ago I have been thrilled with the sound of my system.

Everything has sounded just right and balanced, not perfect but very easy to listen to.

Then yesterday without any fiddling on my part it shat the bed and the amp seemed to have lost it's lovely bloom to its balance, the bass seemed to have lost its depth and tune and there was an overall harshness to the sound.

I thought maybe the new caps were going through some strange burn in stage where after almost three weeks when they had sounded great that they were now going through some other strange stage that would eventually put it self right. It seemed unlikely to me.

I adjusted the valves bias upwards and that seemed to help the harshness but not the bottom end. So I swopped out all the power tubes for some spare cheapo Chinese ones and the bottom end returned but not the magic of the last few weeks.

Anyway, to confirm my likely need for help/therapy I just swapped back in the original power tubes and the sound seems balanced again. Perhaps not quite as bloomy as before but the bottom end is definitely there again.

So, is this perhaps a cap burn in thing or are there just some days when our systems/ears just go from being the best thing ever to shitting the bed?

Or perhaps there are more sinister things at play that are beyond me to put right.

In the past I had a Class A amp that didn't like being on the end of a power block and sounded crap until I eventually unplugged it.

Or maybe its just mood and projection of negative feelings onto our systems.

Anyone else relate to any of this?