+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posting hifi abroad

I'm Ben.

Thanks Guys its all useful info.

I'm very happy to go to town on the packaging side of things as that's what id expect for a sale and given the distance involved. Item will only be sent once cleared funds are received in my bank.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Adam.

I book with Parcel2Go and always select UPS as the carrier.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Thanks Guys its all useful info.

I'm very happy to go to town on the packaging side of things as that's what id expect for a sale and given the distance involved. Item will only be sent once cleared funds are received in my bank.
    This will not remove you from additional grief if the parcel is damaged or lost etc.

I try and plan a stress free life and have been caught out a few times, particularly when I have quoted a postage cost to the buyer and suddenly there are additional costs involved, such as insurance etc

Here is my current way of doing things

1. Funds to clear before I progress

2. Buyer arranges and pays for collection and postage from my address. I of course supply him with weight and dimensions of parcel. That way if anything is awry its down to the buyer to chase it and not me.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    This will not remove you from additional grief if the parcel is damaged or lost etc.

I try and plan a stress free life and have been caught out a few times, particularly when I have quoted a postage cost to the buyer and suddenly there are additional costs involved, such as insurance etc

2. Buyer arranges and pays for collection and postage from my address. I of course supply him with weight and dimensions of parcel. That way if anything is awry its down to the buyer to chase it and not me.

Yes that sounds like a better way of doing it thanks, they take ownership of the parcel then.

The issue seems to have gone away as the prospective buyer hasn't got back in contact yet.........................
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Yes that sounds like a better way of doing it thanks, they take ownership of the parcel then.
    Exactly. I sent a pair of valves to Taiwan recently and it worked perfectly. If the buyer wont do this I say goodbye.

I'm Mike.

I use
    http://www.crossflight.com/

Have done for years.
    Insurance for Spain should be no big deal as EU, for a bit longer !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post

That does seem a good way to post big/expensive stuff abroad,and at home
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Mike.

I sent a Turntable to Finland - 3 days later it had arrived safely - UPS

I'm Geoff.

Sold abroad many times. Always insisted on an Iban transfer prior to postage. I always pack well and then use Postal Supermarket, who I've had no issue with.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12