+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what old amp to consider?

Kel84 seems to be nice amp. It has nice reviews. I dont know if it would be able to drive my b&w. Unfortunately the guy, who is selling it, is 200 miles away from me so its a no no to pick it up.
    Martin.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It really would be worth it if you can get it Martin.I think it would drive your speakers just fine.I don't think there's anything commercial to touch it at anywhere near the price.

I'm David.

theres one on ebay too if thats any help (it might be the same one?)
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Its not there anymore. Back to square one. I dont mind being paitient to get the right one.
    Anyway i found something above the set budget, a Luxman M 120A for £400 from the dealer with 6 months warranty. I can use my existing amp as a pre to this power amp. Would this improve things?Has anyone know this model. Do you think its any good?
    Martin.

I'm Shaun.

My classic of choice from the late 80's and early 90's would be a Musical Fidlelity A-100 integrated amplifier. 55Wpc and heavily biased into class A. It does have cooling fans though and they do make a little noise. This was one of the best amplifiers I ever owned and lasted until I got my WAD 300B PP with WAD KLP1.

I'm ChrisB.

Ahem, did you get my PM Martin - Sean may be onto something!

Thanks Chris. Tbh didnt expect anyone to pm me.I noticed your message 2 hrs ago.
    Had a look and i am doing some research at mo. I am trying to locate amp within an hour drive from me so i can listen to it. Dont want to buy something that i will regret later. I will contact the shop tommorow to have a chat.
    Martin.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    My classic of choice from the late 80's and early 90's would be a Musical Fidlelity A-100 integrated amplifier. 55Wpc and heavily biased into class A. It does have cooling fans though and they do make a little noise. This was one of the best amplifiers I ever owned and lasted until I got my WAD 300B PP with WAD KLP1.
    I'm not sure I could ever recommend MF A1 or A100, as they weren't quite the ticket in terms of construction (or performance in the case of some A1's IMO). The A100 fan tended to blow the air every way except to the devices that needed it. At least B&O used a whisper quiet fan blowing through a proper duct on their 6500 and 7000 system Beomasters - a joy to see inside and not at all bad sounding either I must admit...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

If anyone would like brand new sony vfet amp this has come today on ebay from US
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOS-NIB-SONY-T...item19b9e43ab8
    Martin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234