+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parcelforce- Angry Guy!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    Indeed. At the risk of going off-topic, those who haven't thought this through are in for a nasty shock when reality bites.
    Indeed they are, as are all of us
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I think it's relevant, or will be. A lot of people currently making/scraping a living on markets like eBay will have a much harder time. The only reason I don't buy from outside the EU is because of the hassle involved, nevermind the money. I buy almost exclusively from the UK - including from guys on here. This just won't happen in the future - not for me. Carriers won't be relevant - poorly staffed/trained customs will be the problem.
    I have bought stuff from Ebay America, and from craftspeople on Etsy also in America and no problems at all, no crazy delays. Sometimes I pay customs and VAT, other times the items aren't charged. No idea why. So for non EU markets I don't think there will be any change, but buying from France and Germany , well that will change and become harder.

The upshot will be things will be dearer and take longer to get. Already things from EU countries is costing more, due to the very poor exchange rate.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    As someone who lives out of the UK and buys from outside the EU I know the nightmares than can happen when customs is involved. This is something overlooked by brexiteers - all that selling and buying across the EU will suddenly get very very complex, never mind the taxes. I won't be buying from the UK once it's outside the EU.
    Depends on what EU/UK deals we end up with. Things may not be too bad. Trade is a two way street and it's in nobody's interest to make it harder. I buy from China and the US and you have to take the complexities and costs into consideration. I expect trade with Europe may stay reasonably attractive.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

You bought your pre amp from outside the EU though.

I work for an international carrier. You would not belive the amount we ship to different customs unions around the world. It is judt everyday stuff for most businesses.

In any case there is no reason at this point to think we will end up outside the EU customs union.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You bought your pre amp from outside the EU though.

I work for an international carrier. You would not belive the amount we ship to different customs unions around the world. It is judt everyday stuff for most businesses.

In any case there is no reason at this point to think we will end up outside the EU customs union.
    Yes I did - and it took 2 months - being sent back across the Atlantic twice! As I say - its the increase in volume and idiots employed that cause the problems.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Martin.

But the deal still happened. More than 50 percent of our trade is already with countries outside the EU. If it was such a big problem how does that already happen. There are reasons why leaving the EU will create problems but this isn't one of them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    But the deal still happened. More than 50 percent of our trade is already with countries outside the EU. If it was such a big problem how does that already happen. There are reasons why leaving the EU will create problems but this isn't one of them.
    The main reason is that we have a bunch of clueless fuckwits in charge of our negotiations, who are currently too busy plotting against each other to work out a coherent strategy, let alone a desired outcome. We even had an expensive and pointless General Election at a crucial point in the negotiations to leave us even less time to sort things out.

I'm Grant.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The main reason is that we have a bunch of clueless fuckwits in charge of our negotiations, who are currently too busy plotting against each other to work out a coherent strategy, let alone a desired outcome. We even had an expensive and pointless General Election at a crucial point in the negotiations to leave us even less time to sort things out.
    The Civil Service and their EU equivilents sort it out, the politicians are just there to posture.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

I have generally had very good service from Parcel force.

The only time it went wrong was when some driver didnt call here but left it at a local newsagents/acting post office.
    I therefore didnt get a card and the seller had given me a wrong digit tracking number so it was an uneasy time for a combination of reasons.

I was in all week so the driver didnt call here...maybe they got lost. Things do go wrong and we all have a grumble when they do.

I am wary of putting myself in the hands of courier companies. I dont order much online above a low value and size. It depends who you get and I like to think courier drivers are reasonably content. If a company pays peanuts on a commission basis its no wonder things go wrong with certain delivery companies you all know about.

My prized purchase is just another box/another day at work to these people but I really cant fault Parcel Force for a generally excellent service

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12