Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Nottingham View Post
Hi Simon,

I have a Space Deck with the same arm. My Grado cart is mounted very far forward.

Did you realise that you can swing the island that the arm is mounted on out move the arm further away? NA fitted my arm and cart and moved it quite a bit I think.

I'd suggest giving NA a call (01773 762947). You're not that far from them (only an hour) and I'm sure they'd be happy to help out for not much cash.

Any yes, the headshell does twist apparently, but I've never tried it!
Yep, that is what I've been doing. The problem I see with shorter arms (such as the 9'' Space) is that by moving the arm pod further away means less chance of hitting the correct overhang. I've got the pod all the way in, as close to the platter it will go and that gives me 207mm Spindle to pivot distance. With my cart as far forward as possible in the headshell slots, I've been able to use a Conrad Hoffman arc protractor set using 207mm spindle to pivot and aligned to Lofgren A. I tried 206mm first but was slightly too short so 207 seems the actual distance, otherwise the arc wouldn't align.

I checked also with the NA grid and it aligns there too, so I can only assume that is Lofgren A too - or I've effed up somewhere, haha.

One thing I'm not sure on - Anti-skate. What is generally used for a guideline? I also noticed that while setting VTF, I was getting mixed results across the playing surface - which I think has something to do wit Anti-S, that normal? In the past, using a Rega rb300 I had anti-skate set to around 1-1.25 and VTF checked near the platter edge being 1.9g and near the spindle, the same or extremely close. With the Space arm, I've been setting to 1.9g but then seeing nearer to 1.8g at the other end. If I alter the anti-skate weight, it changes each time (which I think makes sense as it's adding weight/pull as the arm moves). I've found a setting which gives me near 1.87-1.9g across the whole plaing area, with the weight being approx 2/3 along.

Thoughts?