+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GONGS Music Maker 2017

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Another bleedin' great Jap amp?
    Already got one of those and it's going no where (that reminds me, need to update signature )
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Robert.

Right audiophile buds, chat later when all hopefully will be revealed..............
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Julian.

I have looked into my crystal ball Rob and seen two things for you -

a 1980's Amstrad tower of power system or a pair of Spendor floorstanders.

My money is on the latter ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    I have looked into my crystal ball Rob and seen two things for you -

a 1980's Amstrad tower of power system or a pair of Spendor floorstanders.

My money is on the latter ...
    Mine too

I'm M.

My monies on speakers

I'm Robert.

Default Spendor d7

296 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

295 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

298 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

300 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

301 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

304 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

303 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Grant.

They blend in well... amp is a stoater robert...love it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Very nice mate. The drivers are ones I've not seen before.

Bigman80 Guest

Wow,, great stuff.

I'm Robert.

At long last the itch has been scratched - Spendor D7's in da house.

I'm sure many who've followed my journey will know I've been hankering for some Spendors to replace my beloved, long serving and quite frankly excellent Mission 752's Freedoms.

I soon realised after posing the question quite a few years back with regards to a suitable replacement in the same musical, natural, detailed and importantly non fatiguing vein, that Spendors would be the one.

Responses more often than not suggested Spendors fitted my bill.

I pm'd our own Clive197 a few times. He knows the Spendors and has had a good few pairs himself - hes' a big big fan and it was great geting a users views and experience.

He didnt have a bad thing to say about them, from BC1, S6e, S8e and now D7's - He's been there and knows them.

S8e's were sought but for some reason I kept missing out and to be honest there were times as my system went up and up the upgrade path that I found myself thinking can I really let these 752's go, they just deliver the music so beautifully, totally unfazed by the big upgrades and changes going on around and in fact sounding better and better with them, just to complicate things further

Anyway, you know what itches are like ......

Eventually you'll scratch especially if you're an audiophile and a weak one at that

So, What's the story so far ?

On firing up from cold and on first ever listen, they wernt bad at all.

As things warmed up immediate impressions were, more open than the 752's, brighter maybe due to a more extended treble and a slight upper mid emphasis.

I also felt that they sounded a bit hifi ie: a touch more towards good digital as opposed to the very organic analogue flavour of the Missions.

I needed to spend some proper time with these beauties, really get to know them and spin as many as my fave and most familar albums, from Marley, Stevie Wonder, Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs, Steely Dan (including Aja and Goucho of course )

Last night was a late one ! Getting the hours in was great as the more the system ran I realised that initial sense of slight hifi / digital over analogue presentation had gone

Today I've had the house to myself since mid day which has given me the chance to properly 'boost' the system up and let the fire blaze so to speak and my gosh.

Get the Sansui power up these Spennies and man they sing !

Revealing, deep detail retrieval but in a more open manner. Bass when there is deep, tight, firm, solid and tuneful, treble very clear and extended, mids and vocals lovely open and expressive as hoped.

Where the 752's do stellar service, the D7's take things up a notch filling the room more.

The 752 Freedoms lacked a little sparkle in the treble and have a slightly in the box flavour, very well balanced, detailed, lovley in the mids with a natural organic / analogue non fatiguing presentation making them an easy addictive listen.

Add to that they just sing there hearts out you'll see my dilema.

Well, the more time I spend with these D7's is the more I hear, realise and appreciate their highly regarded virtues.

They really can boogie and get right to the heart of the music / recording which I'm just loving !

The best compliment I can give them, coupled with the above, is that they have a wonderful combination of insight, an almost forensic / analytical way about them whilst remaining utterly musical.

Welcome to Gong Towers Spendor D7 and take pride of place !
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 28-04-2018 at 15:52.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast