+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Felt turntable mat

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Can't say I agree. My view is that people with a long and wide ranging experience of Hi-Fi may well be better able to judge when something sounds superior or worse.

To suggest otherwise seems to imply that experience is worthless and nobody develops discernment.
    Yes but in this case I'm the one with the experience. I'm not even sure he's ever heard the mat. Anyone having handled it would know it wasn't made of cork. I made it clear that my experinece was only my own but it's my experience that's being denied with terms like "been had" and "snakeoil".

I'm Geoff.

I'm not sure Chris was being serious. It might have helped if he'd put a 'smiley' in if he wasn't. Best left there and move 'eh.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
    Yes but in this case I'm the one with the experience. I'm not even sure he's ever heard the mat. Anyone having handled it would know it wasn't made of cork. I made it clear that my experinece was only my own but it's my experience that's being denied with terms like "been had" and "snakeoil".
    Indeed. I have one of these OL mats and it is most definitely not cork or any other 'me too' material. It does pong a bit, though.

I'm Nat.

I'd be interested if anyone has tried anything other than a thin felt matt on an LP12?

I'm jamie.

i tried the reso mat and the foam notts anolgue one which didn't fit inside the lp12's lip,i went back to the thicker linn felt mat in the end.
    i still have them if you would like to try for yourself.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123